Recently, some users have reported the problem of Apple Watch series 8 touch screen not responding. If your Apple Watch series 8 screen is also freezing from time to time, here are time and tested solutions to resolve the issue.
It’s quite frustrating if your Apple Watch series 8 touchscreen is unresponsive. When the screen gets frozen and fails to completely respond to the touch, you feel like you could throw it through the window. Thankfully, this troubleshooting guide will help you fix the problem for good.
Before we start troubleshooting, it’s important to first establish the reasons why your Apple Watch Series 8 touch screen is not working properly.
So, Why is My Apple Watch Series 8 Screen Not Working?
There are a number of reasons why the touch screen of your Apple Watch is not responding.
- Apps are out of date
- A glitch in watchOS
- Cluttered storage
- Screen damage
It’s worth noting that touch screen unresponsiveness on Apple Watch series 8 is quite a common problem. Therefore, you should not get worried. As for the solutions to fix the touch screen unresponsiveness of your Apple Watch series 8, force quitting of apps and updating software often do the trick. However, if these basic tips don’t help, the unpairing and re-pairing can help you troubleshoot the problem.
Ways to fix Apple Watch Series 8 Screen Not Working issue
1. Close All Apps
If the touch screen of Apple Watch series 8 freezes when using a particular app, close the app and launch it again.
- Press the Side button to reveal the Dock of all open apps.
- Now, swipe left on an app and then tap the red X button to close it. Repeat these same quick steps to close all apps on your Apple Watch.
2. Force Quit Apps
If certain apps continue to freeze on your Apple Watch, go ahead and force quit them. When it comes to fixing an ill-functioning app, this solution is very effective.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the shutdown screen.
- Press and hold the digital crown until the app closes.
3. Restart Your Apple Watch
In some cases, all you need to do to fix a frozen Apple Watch series 8 touchscreen is to just reboot the watch. This solution is simple but effective, so it’s worth trying out.
- Press the side button on your watch.
- swipe the power off slider to shut down your watch.
- After that, press and hold the side button to reboot the watch.
4. Hard Reset Your Apple Watch
If the touch screen of the Apple Watch series 8 still won’t respond to touch, hard reset it. In terms of resolving common watchOS issues, a hard reset is like a must troubleshooting step.
- Press and hold both the side button and the Digital Crown on the Apple Watch until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
5. Update Apps
If your Apple Watch is full of outdated apps, there is a good chance that those apps are the cause of the touch screen problems you are having. In this regard, try updating all apps.
- Launch the App Store app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Account.
- Tap on Updates.
- Tap on Update next to an app.
- If you want to update all apps at a go, simply hit the Update All option.
6. Update Your Apple Watch
Is your Apple Watch series 8 screen still unresponsive? Don’t worry as this issue seems to be as a result of a software bug. To fix the problem, update the software.
- Start the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on General.
- Tap Software Update and follow the instructions to update your iPhone.
Alternately, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Select Software Update and follow the instructions to update your Watch.
7. Declutter the Apple Watch’s Storage
If the storage of your Apple Watch is clogged up, there’s a good chance it’s the cause the issue. After all, jam-packed storage is well-known for triggering a plethora of issues including sluggishness, battery drain, and touchscreen unresponsiveness.
- Open the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Usage.
After checking how the storage has been used on your watch, delete all the unwanted data.
8. Unpair your Apple Watch and Re-Pair It With the iPhone
If the Apple Watch series 8 touch screen is still unresponsive, it’s time to unpair the Watch and re-pair it with the iPhone. Don’t worry about losing data, the watchOS is designed to automatically back up the entire Apple Watch and allows you to restore the backup during the pairing process.
Be sure to keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together while you unpair them.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Watch at the top.
- Tap on the “info” button next to the watch.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
Once the the unpairing process is complete, set it up once again using the same Watch app.
9. Last Resort: Contact Apple Support
If the screen of the Apple Watch series 8 is still unresponsive, contact Apple for further support. The Apple Watch could be suffering a screen damage or any hardware failure.
Fixed Apple Watch series 8 Screen Not Working Issue
That’s pretty much it on how to fix Apple Watch series 8 touch screen unresponsive issue. From a personal experience, I can say that you can resolve this problem by just rebooting the watch. However, in some cases, the software update or fresh pairing can help you fix the issue. Which one of the above tips helped you fix the frozen screen? It would be so helpful to know it. If there is any hack we’ve not discuss in this article, be sure to share it via the comments section below.