The iPhone 14 Pro has a lot of features that make it one of the best smartphones in the market. However, like any other device, it also has its share of problems. One of the most common issues that iPhone 14 Pro users face is dropped calls. If you are experiencing this problem, then you are not alone. Fortunately, there are some solutions that you can try to fix this issue. In this article, we’ll explain why your iPhone 14 Pro is dropping calls and show you how to fix the issue.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Why is iPhone 14 Pro Dropping Calls?
There are several reasons why your iPhone 14 Pro is dropping calls. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Poor Network Coverage: If you are in an area with weak cellular coverage or a dead zone, your iPhone 14 Pro may struggle to maintain a stable connection, resulting in dropped calls.
- Carrier Issues: Sometimes, dropped calls can occur due to issues with your carrier’s network. This could be due to network congestion, maintenance, or upgrades that are being carried out by your carrier.
- Software Issues: Dropped calls can also occur due to software issues, such as bugs or glitches in the iOS software. These issues can affect the iPhone’s ability to connect to the cellular network or maintain a stable connection, leading to dropped calls.
- Hardware Issues: In some cases, dropped calls can be caused by hardware issues, such as a damaged or malfunctioning antenna. This issues can affect the iPhone’s ability to send and receive signals, resulting in dropped calls.
- Call Forwarding: If call forwarding is set up incorrectly or is enabled when it should not be, it can cause calls to be routed to a different number or voicemail, leading to missed or dropped calls.
- Silence Unknown Callers: If the Silence Unknown Callers feature is enabled, it can cause incoming calls from unknown numbers to be blocked, leading to missed or dropped calls.
- Focus Mode: If the Focus mode is enabled, it can cause incoming calls to be silenced, leading to missed or dropped calls.
Now that you understand the common reasons for dropped calls on an iPhone 14 Pro, you can take steps to address the issue and ensure that you can make and receive calls without interruption.
How to Fix iPhone 14 Pro Dropping Calls Issue
1. Check Your Signal Strengthb
Signal strength is basically the strength and quality of the cellular signal that your iPhone is receiving from your carrier’s network. When your iPhone 14 Pro has poor signal strength, it may struggle to maintain a stable connection to the network, which can result in dropped calls.
In areas with weak or spotty network coverage, the signal strength may fluctuate or drop altogether, causing your iPhone 14 Pro to disconnect from the network and drop the call. Additionally, obstacles such as buildings, trees, or hills can block or weaken the cellular signal, resulting in poor signal strength and dropped calls.
The first thing you need to do if your iPhone 14 Pro keeps dropping calls is to check your signal strength. If your signal is weak, then you are likely to experience dropped calls. To check your signal strength, simply look at the top left corner of your iPhone 14 Pro. If you have low signal strength, you may need to move to an area with better network coverage or use a signal booster to amplify the signal strength in your location.
2. Turn Airplane Mode on and off
Sometimes, your iPhone’s network connection may become unstable or interrupted, leading to issues such as dropped calls. By turning on Airplane Mode, you are effectively disconnecting the phone from the cellular network. When you turn it off, the iPhone will try to reconnect to the network, establishing a fresh connection that can resolve the issue.
To turn on Airplane Mode on an iPhone 14 Pro, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to access the Control Center and tap the Airplane Mode icon. Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Airplane Mode and toggle on the switch.
After a few seconds, turn off Airplane Mode by tapping the icon again or toggling the switch off in the Settings app. Your device will then attempt to reconnect to the cellular network, and the problem of iPhone 14 Pro dropping calls should be resolved.
3. Turn Off Focus Mode
When Focus mode is enabled on iPhone 14 Pro, calls from people or groups that are not allowed in your ”allowed notifications” list may be blocked, leading to missed or dropped calls. By turning off Focus mode, you can ensure that incoming calls are not being blocked and that you can receive calls as usual.
To turn off Focus mode on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to access the Control Center.
- If the Focus icon is highlighted (i.e., has a crescent moon symbol), tap it to turn it off.
Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Focus and tap the ”Off” button to disable Focus mode.
4. Turn Off Call Forwarding
If call forwarding is enabled and set up incorrectly, it can cause calls to be routed to a different number or voicemail, leading to dropped calls. By turning off call forwarding, you can ensure that incoming calls are not being forwarded and that you receive calls directly on your iPhone 14 Pro.
To turn off call forwarding on your iPhone 14 Pro, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Tap the ”Keypad” tab.
- Type in “#67#” and press the ”Call” button.
- You should see a message that shows whether call forwarding is currently enabled or disabled.
- If call forwarding is enabled, you can disable it by typing in ”#67#” and pressing the ”Call” button.
Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and toggle off the switch.
5. Check If Silence Unknown Callers is turned on
If the Silence Unknown Callers feature is enabled, it can cause incoming calls from unknown numbers to be blocked, leading to missed or dropped calls. By turning off this feature, you can ensure that incoming calls from unknown numbers are not being blocked, allowing you to receive calls as usual.
To turn off the Silence Unknown Callers feature on your iPhone 14 Pro, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Phone.
- Scroll down and toggle off the switch for Silence Unknown Callers.
6. Restart Your iPhone
If your iPhone 14 Pro is still dropping calls after trying the above troubleshooting step, try restarting your iPhone. By restarting your iPhone, you’re essentially giving it a fresh start, which can help to resolve any minor issues that may be causing the problem. First, it clears the memory of your device, which may help to resolve any temporary software glitches that could be causing the issue. Additionally, restarting your iPhone may help to re-establish the connection to your carrier’s network, which can sometimes be disrupted and result in dropped calls.
Follow the steps below to restart your iPhone:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select Shut Down.
7. Update Your iPhone
If your iPhone 14 Pro is running an outdated version of iOS, then you may experience dropped calls. Apple frequently releases iOS updates that include bug fixes for various issues, including network connectivity problems. If the dropped call issue on your iPhone 14 Pro is caused by a software bug, updating to the latest version of iOS can potentially fix the problem.
iOS updates may also include improvements to the way your iPhone 14 Pro interacts with your carrier’s network. These updates can help resolve compatibility issues that may be causing dropped calls or other network-related problems.
To check if there is an iOS update available, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select Software Update.
8. Update Carrier Settings
Sometimes, carrier settings can become outdated or corrupt, which can cause connectivity issues, including dropped calls. Updating carrier settings can fix these issues by ensuring that your iPhone 14 Pro has the most up-to-date network settings and configurations, allowing for a stronger and more reliable connection to the cellular network.
Follow the steps below to update carrier settings on your iPhone.
- Ensure that your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select ”General.”
- Tap ”About.”
- If the carrier settings update is available, a pop-up notification will appear, asking you to update. Tap ”Update” to start the process. If you do not see this pop-up, it means that your carrier settings are already up to date.
If your iPhone 14 Pro is still dropping calls after updating carrier settings, try the next solution.
9. Remove and reinsert your SIM card
If your iPhone 14 Pro doesn’t have a physical SIM Card, skip this step.
If the SIM card is not inserted correctly, damaged, or malfunctioning, it can cause connection issues that may result in iPhone 14 Pro dropping calls. By removing and reinserting the SIM card, you can ensure that it is correctly inserted and establish a stable connection with the cellular network.
To remove and reinsert the SIM card on your iPhone 14 Pro, follow the steps below:
- Power off your iPhone.
- Locate the SIM card tray on the left side of your iPhone.
- Use a paper clip or SIM eject tool to eject the SIM card tray.
- Remove the SIM card from the tray and check for any signs of damage.
- Reinsert the SIM card into the tray, making sure that it is properly aligned.
- Push the SIM card tray back into the iPhone until it clicks into place.
- Power on your iPhone.
10. Reset Network Settings
Resetting network settings on your iPhone 14 Pro can potentially help fix the issue of dropped calls by resolving network-related problems. For example, if your iPhone 14 Pro cellular settings are misconfigured, it may struggle to maintain a stable connection to your carrier’s network, leading to dropped calls. Resetting network settings can help resolve these configuration issues and restore stable network connectivity.
It’s worth noting that resetting network settings will erase your saved Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth connections, and cellular settings. You’ll need to re-enter your Wi-Fi passwords and other network-related preferences after resetting network settings. However, this inconvenience is often worth it if resetting network settings resolves the issue of dropped calls on your iPhone 14 Pro.
To reset network settings on your iPhone 14 Pro, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Choose Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
11. Contact Your Carrier
If none of the above solutions work, then you should contact your carrier. They can help you diagnose the problem and provide a solution. It is possible that the issue is not with your iPhone 14 Pro, but with the carrier’s network. If this is the case, they will be able to resolve the issue for you.
12. Contact Apple Support
If you have tried the above solutions to fix the issue but your iPhone 14 Pro is still dropping calls, contacting Apple Support can help you identify the root cause of the problem and take the necessary steps to fix it.
If your iPhone is still under warranty or covered by AppleCare, Apple may be able to provide a repair or replacement at no cost to you. If the hardware issue is not covered under warranty or AppleCare, you may need to pay for the repair or replacement.
Fixed iPhone 14 Pro Dropping Calls Issue
The problem of iPhone 14 Pro dropping calls can be frustrating, however, the troubleshooting steps explained in this article should help you resolve the issue and enjoy uninterrupted calls on your device.