Some users have said that their iPhone 14 Pro Max does not vibrate when it is supposed to, for example, when calls or texts are received. If your iPhone 14 Pro Max is not vibrating, there may be several reasons why. Thankfully, there are a few different steps you can take if your iPhone 14 Pro Max stops vibrating. This article explains how you can troubleshoot your iPhone 14 Pro Max vibration problems. Do not worry, most of these problems are easy to fix.
Whether it is due to tinkering with settings or a software issue, vibration can stop working on iPhone 14 Pro Max for a number of reasons. The good news is that you don’t have to visit the Apple Store for help. All you need to do is check a few settings, and your iPhone 14 Pro Max will start vibrating again.
What are these settings? That’s what we will tell you here. In this Troubleshooting guide, you will get to know how to fix the vibrate not working issue on iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Why is my iPhone 14 Pro Max not vibrating?
Your iPhone 14 Pro Max may not be vibrating because of hardware or software problems. If your iPhone hasn’t suffered a hard fall or other physical damage, you can probably rule out hardware failure as the reason for not getting a vibration.
Once you are confident that the hardware is not the cause of the problem, the most likely reasons for your iPhone 14 Pro Max not vibrating are misconfigured settings or temporary glitches. This includes having the phone in Focus mode or airplane mode, silencing unknown callers, and similar.
The steps below will address all these problems.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
How to fix iPhone 14 Pro Max not vibrating issue
1. Restart your iPhone
Like all the troubleshooting processes, begin by restarting your iOS device. That should fix any temporary glitch causing the vibration issue on your iPhone 14 Pro Max. You can restart your iPhone by holding the Side button and either of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears on the screen. Move the slider to the right with your finger to turn off your iPhone. Turn your iPhone back on by holding down the Side button. Test the vibrate function by moving the ringer switch to see if it will vibrate.
2. Disable Focus Mode
Another important setting that you need to check is Focus Mode. Your iPhone 14 Pro won’t vibrate if it is in Focus Mode. If that’s the case, you already know what to do: disable the Focus Mode feature.
If Focus mode is enabled on your iPhone, you should see the icons in the status bar. After that, follow the steps below to disabled Focus mode on your iPhone.
- Swipe down from the top right of your iPhone screen to bring up the Control Center.
- Find the Focus icon.
- toggle off the switch next to Focus icon to disable it if it’s turned on already.
3. Enable Vibration In Accessibility Settings
The iPhone 14 Pro Max features an accessibility setting that can turn off all vibrations on your device. Make sure it’s turned on by following the steps below:
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Select Touch.
- Make sure that the switch next to Vibration is turned on.
4. Enable Vibrate on Ring setting
If your iPhone 14 Pro Max doesn’t vibrate when you receive a new call, you must ensure the ‘Vibrate on ring’ setting is enabled. It’s possible you have disabled the vibration by mistake and forgot to enable it.
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to ”Sounds & Haptics.”
- To enable vibration on your iPhone 14 Pro Max, make sure that ”Vibrate on Ring” is enabled. You’ll know that vibration is enabled, as the bar will be colored green.
5. Enable Vibrate on Silent setting
Just like the above step, you should also ensure “Vibrate on Silent” setting is turned on.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics, located near the top of the screen.
- Once on this page, turn on the toggle for Vibrate on Silent. This will make your iPhone 14 Pro Max vibrate when it’s in silent mode.
6. Make Sure You’ve Selected A Vibration Pattern
You should select a vibration pattern to troubleshoot the issue. For that, follow the steps below:
- Head to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- Tap Ringtone.
- In the following menu, tap Vibration at the top of the screen.
- You can choose one of the pre-set Vibration patterns by tapping on it. Note that when you tap on your choice, the vibration mode will begin on your phone, allowing you to feel what it will be like.
Note that there’s no need to save your changes. Simply exit the Settings app and your new choice will take effect.
7. Turn On Vibration using the Ring/Silent Switch
The Ring/Silent switch is located above the volume buttons on the left side of your iPhone. You can set your iPhone 14 Pro Max to vibrate at any time using the small toggle switch located at the left-hand side of the device. In vibrate mode, phone calls and text messages vibrate the phone, rather than make noise. However, all other aspects of the phone, such as watching a movie, still produce sounds. To set your iPhone to vibrate, flick the switch toward the back of the iPhone. You’ll be able to tell when you’ve done this as the switch will show an orange indicator.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll also see a notification showing that your iPhone is in silent mode on the display.
8. Update your iPhone
One of the simplest and easiest steps to fix the problem of iPhone 14 Pro Max not vibrating is to check for a software update. Apple tends to get on a roll with software updates, and there’s a chance that one is waiting for you that will fix the issue. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Settings on your iPhone and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Download and Install.
9. Reset All Settings
a rather drastic method to fix the problem of iPhone 14 Pro Max not vibrating is to reset all settings on your device. This will reset all the settings on your iPhone to their default values and can fix the problem you are facing. Here’s how:.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General, followed by Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset.
- From there, tap Reset All Settings, then enter your passcode to confirm.
Your device will reboot afterward, and hopefully fix the problem of iPhone 14 Pro Max not vibrating.
Reset your Apple Watch
10. Reset iPhone to factory settings
The final step before reaching out to Apple is to completely wipe the slate clean. This can be a source of frustration, as you likely won’t want to restore from a backup when you get to that step. However, if you are at the end of trying different methods, resetting your iPhone 14 Pro Max could be the answer.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your passcode when prompted.
- Tap the button to confirm that you want to reset your iPhone.
11. Contact Apple Support
If you’ve exhausted all of the steps here and are still unable to fix iPhone 14 Pro Max not vibrating issue , then it’s time to reach out to Apple. There’s a chance that there may be something that they can do to rectify the situation.
For example, if something is wrong with the actual vibration motor built into your Apple Watch, they may end up offering a replacement. But be sure to double check the status of your warranty so that you can provide all of the information to Apple Support.
Take your iPhone to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or make a Genius Bar reservation at an Apple Store, as your iPhone 14 Pro Max vibration motor may be damaged.
Solved iPhone 14 Pro Max not vibrating problem
We hope the above fixes have resolved vibration not working on iPhone 14 Pro Max issue. As someone who has dealt with this issue firsthand, it can be very frustrating. Thankfully these steps have resolved the issue for many people. Did we manage to help you solve your iPhone 14 Pro Max vibrate not working issue? Let us know in the comments below.