You are on vacation, and you don’t have your Wifi, but have your laptop with you. The only thing that is letting you get connected with your office is your cellular data. Now there is an immediate requirement of mailing an international client with your product proposal. So what do you? Yes, you use your mobile hotspot and connect that with your laptop. Your internet troubles are mitigated and you can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Now imagine your iPhone XR hotspot is not working?
You will be no longer be able to send the client the mail which could be a game-changer for you as a business owner. This is the reason why we have come with some phenomenal solutions that will tell you how to fix iPhone XR hotspot not working. So without further delay let’s begin
Fix Personal hotspot not working on iPhone XR
Making sure the internet connection is available
A lot of iPhone users share their hotspot connection, to use it on other devices like tablets or laptops. The connection is stable, but still, they can’t open any kind of web page or application if the iPhone hotspot has no internet . Have you ever wondered why this happens?
This happens if your internet plan has expired. So it is recommended that you set a daily limit of your data plan to avoid this issue. If this seems too hectic for you, then make a call with the service provider and ask to them enroll you in a plan that has unlimited data daily.
Turning off the Wifi and switching it back on
In some cases, there are chances that your wifi is having a problem in receiving the connection. In this case, you can try to turn off wifi and then switch it back again. Head over to the top right edge of your iPhone and then swipe down to reveal the control center. You will see the wifi Icon available there. Switch it off and then turn it back again.
Restarting your iPhone
The working mechanism of computers and smart phones is similar. See when your computer gets hanged suddenly, your instant reaction is to shut it down. After restarting it, you see that your computer is performing fine again. The same thing happens with your iOS device. As soon as you restart your iPhone, a lot of bugs, glitches, logs, and device cache gets clear in the process. So a simple restart is all you need to solve iPhone XR hotspot no internet issue.
Checking the receiving device
There may be a case, where your hotspot is perfectly fine, but your receiver device may have issues. The receiving device may have a problem in hardware and software and hence your hotspot is not managing a good connection
Update your carrier settings
Update your carrier settings on your iPhone. This update may fix your iPhone XR hotspot problem. Here is how:
On your iPhone, tap Settings, then General, and then About.
if a new update is available, you’ll see an option (a popup will appear). Then follow the onscreen instructions.
Reset network settings
Reset network settings on your iPhone. Please note that this will erase Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN, proxy and APN settings that you have used before. If your settings are misconfigured, that may cause iPhone XR personal hotspot not working problem. Resetting may fix it. You can do that by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You will be asked to enter your passcode. And then your iPhone will restart.
- See also: How to fix iPhone XR Wi-Fi issues
Still, iPhone XR hotspot not working?
- If other devices won’t connect to your hotspot, it may be because the devices are out of range. Ensure that the other devices and your iPhone XR are close to each other (within 15 feet).
Check to see if the problem is with the hotspot, your iPhone XR, or the other device(s) that connected to it:
- Try connecting a different computer or mobile device to the hotspot. If this device can connect, then the problem is not with the hotspot.
- Try connecting it to other Wi-Fi connections, if it cannot connect, then the problem is not the hotspot.
- Try visiting another website (e.g., Apple.com or iphonegeeks.com). if they can load, then the problem is not the hotspot.
- Please ensure that your iPhone XR is running the latest version of the iOS software. You can update (or check for updates) by heading to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Please ensure that the other device is running the latest version of its software/firmware. Contact its manufacturer for further help.
- Make sure that Personal Hotspot is enabled on your iPhone XR (Settings > Personal Hotspot). Furthermore, ensure that Allow Others to Join is turned on.
- Restart other device(s) that keeps disconnecting to your Personal Hotspot.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and wait 30 seconds and turn on Wi-Fi on the other device that is trying to connect to your iPhone XR.
If you find iPhone XR Hotspot not working after trying the above steps, you may want to:
- Contact Apple support.
- Contact your carrier.
- Contact the maker of the other device.