There are thousands of apps you can download from the App Store. Once you do, you can see them in your App Store purchase history.
If you don’t want this to happen and would prefer it if the apps didn’t appear in your purchase history, your best bet would be to erase your purchase history on iPhone. In this article, we’ll teach you how to delete your App Store purchase history on an iPhone.
Why Would You Want to Delete Your Purchase History on iPhone?
Every app you download on your iPhone is listed in your App Store purchase history. Typically, this might not be something you’d care about, but if you have Family Sharing enabled, you may want to think again. This is because Family Sharing will allow anyone in your family to view the apps you’ve downloaded or purchased on the App Store.
For example, if you’re a parent with your kids added to Family Sharing and would not want them to view or re-download an app you’ve bought, all you have to do is delete the app from your purchase history. You can take this a step further and delete the apps on your iPhone too.
How to Delete Your App Store Purchase History on iPhone
The steps to deleting purchases from your App Store purchase history on iPhone are actually quite simple and will barely take a few minutes.
Assuming you’re signed into your iPhone with your Apple ID, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the App Store app.
- Tap the account button , or your photo or initials, at the top of the screen.
- Tap Purchased. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases.
- Find the app that you want, then swipe left on it and tap Hide. The app will disappear from the list. Repeat these steps for all the apps you want to hide.
- Tap Done.
Unfortunately, hidden app purchases will still appear in your complete purchase history in Settings. To view your purchase history, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap Media & Purchases.
- Tap View Account.
- Tap Purchase History. Here, youll see your full purchase history.
How to get your purchase history back on your iPhone
If you ever change your mind, you can always get back your deleted purchases just as easily. It may be useful to have a complete history of all your downloaded and purchased apps in one place. So, let’s find out how to get back purchase history on your iPhone.
- Open App Store.
- Tap on the profile icon in App Store at the top-right corner.
- Next, tap on your Apple ID name at the top.
- Scroll down and go to Hidden Purchases. Sign in to authenticate.
- Tap **Unhide **for all the apps you want to unhide.
Deleting App Store Purchases on iPhone Is Easy
There might be some downloads and purchases you’ve made that you want no one else to see, especially if you have Family Sharing enabled. Luckily, Apple allows you to remove all your App Store purchase history from your iPhone whenever you want.