Is your iPhone 15 Pro not receiving emails? This article explains how you can troubleshoot this problem.
- If you are not getting emails on your iPhone 15 Pro, try refreshing, restarting, or reinstalling the Mail app.
- Ensure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS.
- Check and email addresses and passwords are correct.
- Check Mail Fetch and Notification settings of linked email accounts.
Apple Mail is the most popular app among iPhone users, but sometimes there are still technical snafus that stop your emails from reaching the inbox. This can amount to a minor disaster if the email is important (such as a lucrative job offer). So what do you do when your iPhone 15 Pro is not getting emails in Mail app? Here’s a list of troubleshooting tips you can try if your iPhone 15 Pro is not receiving emails.
Information in this article apply to iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
How to fix iPhone 15 Pro not receiving emails issue
1. Manually refresh the Mail app
If your iPhone 15 Pro is not loading emails, try to refresh the app manually to see if the emails will update. Here’s how:
- Launch the Mail app.
- Drag your finger down on the screen and release it once the spinning wheel becomes full. You will know it’s time to release your finger when you feel a slight vibration as you drag the finger down the screen.
- Wait for the Mail app to refresh and see if it load new emails.
2. Quit the Mail app and relaunch it
The next thing you should do when your iPhone 15 Pro is not receiving emails is to quit the Mail app and then restart it. This will refresh the app so it can communicate with the mail servers again correctly. Here is how:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen. This will reveal the most recently used apps.
- Find the Mail app.
- Swipe up on the Mail’s icon preview to close it.
- Reopen the Mail app and check if it loads new emails.
3. Check your connection to the Internet
Your iPhone 15 Pro won’t receive emails if you do not have a working internet connection. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. You can easily check this:
- Open the Safari app on your iPhone15 Pro (you may also use any other browser).
- Visit iPhoneGeeks.com.
- If nothing loads, then you may have a connection problem.
If you are experiencing this problem, you may try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Restart your Wi-Fi modem and router. Just unplug them and wait about a minute and then plug them back in.
- Try a different Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on Airplane Mode and wait about a minute and then turn it off (Settings > Airplane Mode).
- If you are using a VPN, disable it. Does that make any difference? If it makes no difference, you can enable it.
- Reset your network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will erase your network settings such as your Wi-Fi passwords etc.
- Contact your carrier or network provider. It is possible that issues with your carrier or account might affect your service.
4. Check Mail Fetch settings
By default, Fetch New Data settings are based on what’s provided by your email service. If Push isn’t available as a setting, your account will default to Fetch. These settings affect how your iPhone receives email. To adjust these settings, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app, then tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts, then tap Fetch New Data.
- Make sure the toggle for Push is turned on – if it has a gray background, tap it so it becomes green, meaning it’s turned on. You can also adjust how often data is "fetched" on this page.
5. Check notifications settings
If your iPhone 15 Pro is still not receiving emails, make sure that your Notification settings are correct for the Mail app. There’s a chance you might be receiving emails without being notified. To ensure that you’re receiving the email notifications you want, check your notification settings. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app, then tap Notifications.
- Tap Mail, then tap an email account.
- Adjust your Alerts, Sounds, and Badges.
6. Update your iPhone
If your iPhone 15 Pro is still not receiving emails, make sure that your device is using the latest version of the iOS software. Here is how you can check for software update and update your device:
- Tap Settings, then tap General.
- Tap Software Update. And if there is an update available, follow the onscreen instructions to update your iPhone.
You can also have your iPhone update automatically by going to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates.
7. Check that your email address and password are entered correctly
One of the most common problems with email is that your password is incorrect — if you changed your password on another device, you’ll need to change it on your iPhone, as well.
When the Mail application prompts you to re-enter your password, ensure that you’ve entered it correctly.
8. Restart your iPhone
Simply restarting your iPhone may fix Mail Problem. Here is how:
- Press and hold the power button (side and the volume up (or down) buttons together until you see the power off slider. Then drag the onscreen slider.
- Wait until your iPhone completely shuts down.
- Press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
9. Try logging into your email on a different device
If you have more than one iOS device, try logging into your email on that device and see if it will update.
If your email still doesn’t update, the problem could be with the email service provider – maybe their system is temporarily down due to a fault or an upgrade. Contact them and find out when service will be restored.
10. Check your Mail settings
If you iPhone 15 Pro is still not receiving emails, check that Apple has the right account settings for your email server provider.
Though Apple automatically sets the email account settings, you can check that they’re correct. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts, then tap your email account.
- Tap Account to see the email account’s settings.
- Check the incoming and outgoing mail server settings, and make sure they match the recommended settings on Apple’s Mail Settings Lookup page.
Pro tip: To use the Mail Settings Lookup page on the Apple website, enter your email address in the text box and click Look up settings.
11. Remove your email account and set it up again
You may be having this problem because your mail settings may be wrong. You may just want to delete and then add it again. Here is how:
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts.
- Find and tap your email account and Tap Delete Account.
- Now you will need to add your account again.
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account and follow the onscreen instructions.
12. Uninstall and reinstall the Mail app
If your iPhone 15 Pro is still not receiving emails, try deleting the Mail app and then reinstalling it again.
- Tap and hold the Mail app’s icon on the Home screen.
- Tap Remove App in pop up menu that appears.
- Tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete.
- Now reinstall the Mail app from the App Store.