Some Shazam app users have reported that the app stopped working on their iPhone for no apparent reason. The most common issue seems to be that the app is crashing upon launch. Some users have reported that the app flashes briefly before closing itself. Furthermore, for some users, Shazam quits by itself when the screen is tapped. In this article, I’ll explain why [Shazam is not working on your iPhone and show you how to fix the problem.
Shazam is arguably the best music recognition apps for iPhone available today. The app works just like you would expect. Simply tap the app icon to listen to a song and Shazam tells you about it in a jiffy. It not only identifies the song, but also lets you add the song to your Apple Music library in a single tap. The app ballooned in size and functionality since its release many years ago and it can do a lot of cool stuff. There are several troubleshooting steps you can try if Shazam is not working on your iPhone.
Ways to Fix Shazam Not Working on iPhone
If Shazam is not working on your iPhone, here is how you can fix it:
1. Check for app updates
If Shazam is not working for you, go to the App Store and see if the app need to be updated. Updates are usually pushed out if Apple spots a bug affecting the app’s performance. It may very well be what is causing to crash.
- Launch the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Tap Search tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Type Shazam in the search field.
- If it says ”Open,” this means that Shazam is up to date.
- If it says ”Update,” there is an update. Tap it to update it.
2. Update your iPhone
The next troubleshooting tip is to find out if there is a new version of iOS to install. Go to Settings > General > Software Updateto check and, if needed, update your iPhone.
3. Force Quit and Relaunch Shazam
If none of the methods mentioned above worked for you, try force quitting and relaunching Shazam. Doing so can easily fix any mirror glitch or bug that may prevent the Shazam from working on your iPhone.
- On iPhone X or newer models, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to reveal the App Switcher. Double-tap the Home button on iPhone 8 or older models.
- Swipe up the Shazam app to force close the app.
- Relaunch Shazam on your iPhone.
4. Restart your iPhone
Turn off and on your iPhone, and then check if Shazam is working.
- iPhone X and later: Press and hold the Side and Volume Up (or down) buttons together until the Power Off slider appears. Drag the slider. Then press and hold the Side button again to turn on your device.
- Other iPhone models: Press and hold the Side or Top button until you see the Power Off slider. Drag the slider. Press and hold the Side or Top button again until you see the Apple logo.
5. Turn off Bold text
Apparently, if you have turned on Bold Text in accessibility, you may experience this Shazam issue on your iPhone. Bold Text allows users to make the text on their device appear bolder. It is designed to make iPhone more usable for individuals with various needs and preferences, including those with visual impairments.
Notably, Bold Text may interfere with Shazam, hindering how it works. The fix is pretty simple. Head over to Settings > Accessibility >Display & Text Size and turn off Bold Text. After turning it off, open Shazam and see if it is working again.
Of course, this may not be the ideal step, even if it fixes the problem, because this is a system wide setting. You can try to turn it on again. Some users have saidthat turning it off fixed this problem for them, and then the issue did not return when they turned on Bold Text again.
6. Remove Shazam and the reinstall
If Shazam is still crashing, then it’s time to delete it and reinstall it.
- Find Shazam on your Home Screen or in the App Library, and then touch and hold it.
- Tap Remove App and then tap Delete App.
- Restart your iPhone again to flush out anything left lingering.
- Go to the App Store and reinstall Shazam.
8. Tell Apple your Shazam problem
If you have tried all of the above and Shazam is still not working, the only thing to do is report your problem to Apple. Here is how:
- Launch Safari or any browser of your choice and visit the iPhone feedback page (https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html)
- Provide the necessary information including your name, email, etc. Ensure that you select Bug Report for the Feedback Type.
- Also, please provide detailed information about your Shazam problem in the comments field, like what your issue is and what you have done to troubleshoot it.
- Fill out the other fields and then send the feedback.
Apple reads all the comments.
Shazam Not Working on iPhone? There Are Solutions
Shazam Not Working on iPhone can be annoying, but there are solutions that can get you identifying songs again in no time.