The iPhone Personal Hotspot feature transforms your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot that can share its internet connection with other nearby devices. However, that can’t happen if iPhone 12 Pro Hotspot keeps disconnecting. If you are also facing iPhone 12 Pro hotspot issues, you have come to the right place. This article explains a number of tips to fix iPhone 12 Pro hotspot that won’t stop disconnecting.
Creating a personal hotspot is something that you might need to do from time to time if you don’t have ready access to Wi-Fi with your iPhone. However, you could encounter a situation where your iPhone 12 Pro personal hotspot keeps Disconnecting. If that is happening with your iPhone consistently, you’ll need to figure out a way to solve the problem. This article explains why your iPhone 12 Pro hotspot keeps disconnecting and how to fix the issue.
It is possible that the problem may be with your iPhone, the other device that needs to connect to your iPhone 12 Pro Personal Hotspot, or your wireless cellular carrier.
How to fix iPhone 12 Pro Hotspot keeps disconnecting issue
If your iPhone 12 Pro Personal Hotspot keeps disconnecting, follow these steps—in this order—to get it working again.
Try these steps first
- Using a hotspot (or called tethering) is a carrier service. Most major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, etc) offer this service but it may depend on your service plan and data allowance. Reach out to your carrier to ensure that it does not impose any restrictions for using a hotspot. For example, some carriers do not support game systems or smart TVs.
- If other devices won’t connect to your hotspot, it may be because the devices are out of range. Ensure that the other devices and your iPhone 12 Pro are close to each other (within 15 feet).
- Check to see if the problem is with the hotspot, your iPhone that provides Personal Hotspot, or the other device(s) that connected to it:
- Try connecting a different computer or mobile device to the hotspot. If this device can connect, then the problem is not with the hotspot.
- Try connecting it to other Wi-Fi connections, if it cannot connect, then the problem is not the hotspot.
- Try visiting another website (e.g., Apple.com or iphonegeeks.com). if they can load, then the problem is not the hotspot.
- Please ensure that your iPhone 12 Pro is running the latest version of the iOS software. You can update (or check for updates) by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Please ensure that the other device is running the latest version of its software/firmware. Contact its manufacturer for further help.
- Make sure that Personal Hotspot is enabled on your iPhone 12 Pro (Settings > Personal Hotspot). Furthermore, ensure that Allow Others to Join is turned on. And lastly, ensure that Maximize Compatibility is enabled (Settings > Personal Hotspot).
- Restart your iPhone 12 Pro and the other device(s) that keeps disconnecting to your Personal Hotspot.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and wait 30 seconds and turn on Wi-Fi on the other device that is trying to connect to your iPhone 12 Pro.
Update your carrier settings
Update your carrier settings on your iPhone. This update may fix your iPhone 12 Pro hotspot problem. Here is how:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > About.
- if a new update is available, tap download and Install.
Reset network settings
Reset network settings on your iPhone 12 Pro. Please note that this will erase Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN, proxy and APN settings that you have used before. If your settings are misconfigured, that may cause this problem. Resetting may fix it. You can do that by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You will be asked to enter your passcode. And then your iPhone will restart.
Still, iPhone 12 Pro Hotspot Keeps Disconnecting?
If your iPhone 12 Pro hotspot keeps disconnecting after trying the above steps, you may want to:
- Reach out to Apple support.
- Reach out to your Service provider.
- Reach out to the manufacturer of the other device.