Several users across the web, myself included, seem to be experiencing issues with Spotlight search on iPhone 12 Pro. It’s unclear how widespread the problem is or what might be causing it, but if you have run into this there is an easy fix.
Spotlight search is one of the most used features on the iPhone. Users can easily search for information through every existing application and the web with the help of Spotlight Search. Users can also maneuver through the information in a more streamlined way with the help of Spotlight Search. The issue with spotlight search is that it’s not showing results from other applications like music, etc. The Spotlight search is only showing results from the web and not from the information already existing in the iPhone and that is causing irritation amongst the users.
But no worries. We have managed to get together all the most effective and working solutions that have been tested and suggested by users into this guide.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Fixes for Search not working on iPhone 12 Pro
Search not working on iPhone 12 Pro can be a source of irritation for the users as they get accustomed to using their phone with the help of Spotlight search. Here are some fixes for the issues:
- Restart the iPhone: Most issues can be resolved by restarting your iPhone. To do so, hold the side power button and the volume down button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Turn off Passcode: Sometimes new security features can cause bugs in other features, temporality disabling the passcode can help you get rid of these bugs.
- Change Language settings: Sometimes a language file can be corrupted, and this corruption can be picked up by Spotlight search. Go to settings change your original language and region settings to something else and restart the phone. After the phone restarts, change back to the original language and restart again. (Note: If you change to a language other than English, it can be difficult to find the right options in a different language if you are not well versed with it.)
- Disable Spotlight Search for Apps: Head on to settings and disable spotlight search for applications and restart your iPhone. Post restarting enable the spotlight for apps and restart. Sometimes a bug can be fixed by enabling and disabling the feature.
- Emptying Excess Storage: Sometimes, when iPhone’s storage is about to finish, there can be issues. Users can offload this data on iCloud and free up some space on your iPhone to try and fix the issue.
- Factory reset your iPhone: The last and final option for any user would be to completely erase all files and factory reset their iPhone. Be sure to back up your iPhone before doing this.
- Contact Apple for Support: If you do not want to risk restoring your device on your own, you can always let the Apple-certified technicians do it for you. This process, along with other software and hardware repair services, is available at your nearest Apple store.
We hope that this guide has helped fix the Spotlight search not working on iPhone 12 Pro. If you have questions, please feel free to leave a comment below, and we will love to help you out.