iOS 14 has had lots of glitches, a common occurrence in new feature updates. iOS 14 shortcuts not working is the latest problem. Keep reading to learn about possible fixes.
Upgrades to any new operating system can be quite tricky. New upgrades have their own share of bugs and issues that are worked out in the later versions of the feature updates by Apple. This is a common issue with new iOS updates and is also faced by iPadOS updates too.
Currently, iOS 14 is widely used since its release. The latest version is now being used by large number of people. Although iOS 14 introduced some great features such as customizing your home screen, if you noticed your shortcuts not working in iOS 14, you’re not alone. Here are troubleshooting steps which you can follow to fix iOS 14 shortcuts not working issue.
See also: Your iPhone Keyboard Lag in iOS 14?
iOS 14 has had its fair share of bugs just like any of the new feature updates. Apple will address all these bugs in the newer versions of the update, but for now, they are a major concern for most people. iOS 14 shortcuts not working is the latest issue encountered by iPhone users amongst the camera and Spotlight search issues. Users are encountering an error message that says, ‘no shortcut in use’, while trying to use their existing shortcuts.
How to fix iOS 14 Shortcuts not working issue
Shortcuts are designed to make the user experience smoother and more personalised. Shortcuts not working is a significant problem since most users are accustomed to using their iPhone in a certain way. With that in mind, here is how to fix shortcuts not working issue in iOS 14:
- Force Restart: Try a Force restart. If you have an iPhone with a home button, hold down the power button and home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the display. For iPhones without a home button, press the volume up button, followed by the volume down button, and then hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the display.
- Quit the Shortcuts app: Sometimes just closing and reopening the Shortcuts app can fix the issue. To do this: double-tap the home button or swipe up from the bottom on the screen to bring up the app switcher, depending on the iPhone model you have. Now, simply find the Shortcuts app and swipe up to close the app. launch the app again from the home screen and it should be working properly.
- Recreate the shortcut: Try to delete and recreate the shortcut that is causing an error in your iPhone.
- Clean up your storage: Cleaning out the clutter on your iPhone is a good way to resolve various issues. To manage your storage, head over to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage. Delete anything you don’t require.
- Reset Your iPhone or iPad to Factory Settings: If you are still struggling to fix Shortcuts not working in iOS 14 issue, try resetting your device to factory settings. Please note, it will erase all the existing settings and website login information however, your media or data will remain untouched. To do this, head over to Settings > General > Reset > tap on Reset All Settings and confirm. After resetting your iPhone or iPad to default settings, the issue should be resolved. If it’s the case, great!
Do you also have problem with your Shortcuts not working in iOS 14? Let us know if the above troubleshooting steps fixed your problem in the comments box below.