Is your Apple TV remote app not working? Or is your Apple TV remote app not scrolling? Or is your Apple TV remote app not swiping? Well. In this article, I’ll explain exactly what to do if your Apple TV Remote app is not working.
Apple TV remote lets your control your Apple TV with your iOS device, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. All you need to do is
set up the Apple TV Remote app.
One problem I face most often is that I do not see my Apple TV. Another issue I’m facing quite often is that my Apple TV looks offline, even though Apple TV is turned on.
It’s pretty easy to connect your iPhone to your Apple TV with the Apple TV Remote app. Sometimes you may experience various issues. Furthermore, to be frank, Apple’s Remote App is quite buggy. From my experience, it is not always working as expected.
If you can’t get the Apple TV Remote app or the Apple TV Remote in Control Center working, try the following fixes. Please test to see if the Apple TV App is working after each troubleshooting step.
- Ensure that your Apple TV and your iOS device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Restart your device.
- Close the TV app and then re-open and try again. To do this, double press the Home button (if your device has a Home Button), if your device does not have a Home Button, For instance iPhone 11; swipe up and pause, then find the Apple TV Remote app, and swipe it up. Now open the app again.
- Restart your Apple TV. To do this: head over to Settings > System > Restart (assuming that you have your remote). If you do not have your TV remote and since the Apple TV Remote app is not working, just disconnect your Apple TV from the power source; wait a minute, then reconnect it.
- Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of the iOS. You can update your device by heading to Settings > General > Software Update. This is significant because updated software fixes lots of glitches.
- On your Apple TV, using its remote, Go to Settings > General > Remotes and select the Remote and unpair it. Then pair it again.
- There could be a problem with your connection. Restart your Wi-Fi router. To do this: disconnect it from the power source and wait for a few seconds and reconnect it.
- On your iPhone or iPad, turn on Airplane Mode, wait a few seconds and turn it off.
The above tips should fix if your Apple TV Remote app can’t connect to Apple TV. However if you are still facing issues, contact Apple.