Is Bluetooth not working on your iPhone 14 Pro Max? Several users have reported that their iPhone 14 Pro Max is unable to connect to Bluetooth devices, others report that their iPhone 14 Pro Max automatically disconnects from Bluetooth accessories. Other people states that their iPhone 14 Pro Max is not finding Bluetooth devices. In this article, I’ll explain why Bluetooth is not working on your iPhone 14 Pro Max and show you how to fix the problem for good!
You might use Bluetooth to connect your iPhone 14 Pro Max to a wireless keyboard, set of headphones, Apple Watch, smart speaker, or car stereo. Usually, these devices are easy to connect to and use, but occasionally you may have Bluetooth problems on your iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Bluetooth not working on iPhone 14 Pro models doesn’t happen that often, but when it does it can get quite frustrating. No need for despair — sometimes devices disconnect simply because they haven’t been used for a while. This article explains what you can do to troubleshoot when Bluetooth is not working on iPhone 14 Pro Max.
iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth problems can include:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth not working
- iPhone 14 Pro Max not finding Bluetooth devices.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max not connecting to Bluetooth devices.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max automatically disconnects from Bluetooth accessories.
When these iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth issues crop up, they’re usually the result of software errors on your phone, which you can fix with the steps we’ve outlined below.
If you follow all these steps and Bluetooth is still not working on your iPhone 14 Pro Max, you’ll need to get a hardware repair instead.
Why is iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth not working?
iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth not working could be due to a number of reasons which include: software bugs, outdated software, and the ill-functioning of the Bluetooth accessories. In addition, the problem could also crop up if the Bluetooth device isn’t fully charged. With that in mind, we have compiled a list of tips to solve the puzzle of iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth not working issue.
Note: Before you jump into the solutions, Make sure you turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone 14 Pro Max. This is a simple but often overlooked step.
How to fix Bluetooth not working on iPhone 14 Pro Max
If your iPhone 14 Pro Max is not connecting to Bluetooth devices, not finding Bluetooth devices, or the Bluetooth connection drops frequently, here are reliable solutions to fix the problem.
By Bluetooth devices, we mean AirPods, Keyboard, Apple Watch, third-party accessories, and more.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
1. Update to the latest iOS version
If you repeatedly face Bluetooth issues on your iPhone 14 Pro Max, it can be due to a bug in iOS. To address this, install the latest version of iOS. As Apple releases updates to iOS, these are not just for fancy new features, but also for fixes to problems.
Before you go through any other troubleshooting steps for your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth issues, make sure you’re on the latest version of iOS.
- Open your Settings and select General.
- Choose Software Update. You should notice an indicator next to the feature name if an update is available.
- Tap Download & Install and follow the prompts to update your iPhone.
After you install the update, check your Bluetooth device again. If you do not have a software update available or the update did not fix your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth problem, continue below.
2. Bring the devices closer
The range of Bluetooth on iPhone (and other devices) is about 30 feet (9 to 10 meters). So, if the distance between your iPhone 14 Pro Max and your Bluetooth devices exceeds this, please bring them closer.
3. Make sure the Bluetooth devices are charged
Suppose you are trying to pair a wireless keyboard, an Apple Watch, or AirPods via Bluetooth, but it fails repeatedly. So, before moving to the next solution, please take a minute to ensure the device is charged.
4. Turn off Bluetooth and hard restart your iPhone
One of the most tried and tested troubleshooting techniques to fix iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth not working problem is to turn it off and back on. And it’s best to force restart your phone once you do this.
Turn off Bluetooth
You can turn off Bluetooth in your Control Center but in this case head to Settings > Bluetooth and disable the toggle for Bluetooth there.
Note: If you use the Bluetooth icon in the Control Center, this will disable Bluetooth but not turn it off. For this reason, make sure you follow the above steps to turn off Bluetooth in your Settings.
Follow the user instructions to restart your Bluetooth accessory.
Force restart your iPhone
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, released the button.
Turn on Bluetooth
After you restart your device, go back to your Settings > Bluetooth. Turn your Bluetooth back on and see if your accessory works.
5. Pair With Your Bluetooth Accessory Again
When it’s working, your iPhone 14 Pro Max usually pairs with Bluetooth accessories automatically, as soon as it detects them. But it can help to manually pair your devices together using the Settings app.
Here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Make sure your Bluetooth accessory is fully charged and powered on (consider replacing the batteries if it uses any).
- Follow the instructions for your Bluetooth accessory to put it in pairing mode. You can often do this by holding down a Bluetooth button on the device.
- On your iPhone 14 Pro Max, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Wait for your Bluetooth accessory to appear in the list of devices, then tap its name to pair with it. If your accessory doesn’t show up, try moving it right next to your iPhone 14 Pro Max while it’s in pairing mode.
- The Settings app should say Connected next to your Bluetooth accessory when pairing is complete.
6. Disconnect and reconnect the Bluetooth device
Sometimes simply disconnecting and reconnecting your Bluetooth accessory will fix your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth not working issue.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and select the Info icon (small letter “i”) next to your device.
- Tap Disconnect.
- Turn the Bluetooth accessory off and back on; then if it’s discovered, it will show up in the list.
- Tap to Connect it.
7. Forget Your Bluetooth Accessory and Pair Again
Even if your iPhone 14 Pro Max won’t connect with a Bluetooth accessory right now, it still remembers information about the accessory from the last time it connected. Sometimes, you need to delete this data to fix your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth problems.
You can do that by telling your iPhone 14 Pro Max to Forget a device. Here’s how:
Go to Settings > Bluetooth and select the Info icon next to your device. Tap Forget This Device and then confirm by tapping Forget Device.
Next, pair the device to your iPhone again, like you did during the initial setup.
8. Make sure your Bluetooth device isn’t paired with something else
While it’s true some Bluetooth items will connect with more than one device, that’s not true for all of them. If you already have your Bluetooth device connected to something else, disconnect it and then re-try connecting it to the iPhone 14.
9. Pair with another device
If you have other Bluetooth accessories paired with and connected to your iPhone 14 Pro Max that are working just fine, then it might be that particular Bluetooth accessory with the problem. However, if you have no other Bluetooth accessories paired, then you can’t be sure where the problem lies.
Try pairing that accessory with another device, like an iPad or Mac. If the accessory does not work with your other device, you should verify the pairing instructions in user manual or contact the manufacturer for a possible defect with the accessory itself.
If you can successfully pair and use the accessory with your other device, then continue troubleshooting Bluetooth problems with iPhone 14 Pro Max below.
10. Enable Bluetooth for Third-Party Apps
If you can pair with a Bluetooth accessory, but you still can’t use it with any apps on your iPhone 14 Pro Max, you might need to change your Bluetooth Privacy settings.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth. Tap the toggle to enable Bluetooth for any apps you’re trying to use your accessory with.
Note: Developers can use Bluetooth access to gather information about you, so you should only enable it for apps you trust.
11. Reset your network settings
If you are still having trouble with Bluetooth on your iPhone 14 Pro Max after trying the above methods to fix it, you can try resetting your network settings. This option is one of the last on the list because doing this will not just remove your Bluetooth information, but your Wi-Fi and VPN settings as well.
If this is a step you’re willing to take, here’s how to reset your network settings on iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Go to your Settings and select General.
- Scroll to the bottom and pick Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset.
- Choose Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your password when prompted.
Your iPhone will restart once you do this. You can then try to use your Bluetooth again.
12. Reset Your Bluetooth Accessory to Factory Settings
Sometimes it isn’t your iPhone 14 Pro Max that’s playing up, it’s your Bluetooth accessory. This could be the case for everything from a car stereo to a set of Apple AirPods.
If the iPhone 14 Pro Max still can’t connect to your Bluetooth accessory—or if it doesn’t work properly when you do connect it—follow the user instructions to reset the device back to its factory settings.
For most Bluetooth devices, all you need to do is disconnect it from Bluetooth and restart it. But for other devices, you may need to press a certain combination of buttons or go into the settings. Check with the manufacturer to find out exactly what you need to do.
13. Restore your iPhone to factory settings
The very last resort for problems with Bluetooth on your iPhone 14 Pro Max is to reset it back to its factory settings. Before doing this, be sure to back up your iPhone and disable the Find My app.
Then, follow the steps below to erase everything on your iPhone to reset it.
- Go to your Settings and select General.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content & Settings.
14. Repair options for your iPhone
Even after trying the above solutions, if you can’t turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone 14 Pro Max or the setting is grayed out or you can’t connect any Bluetooth accessories with your iPhone 14 Pro Max, and the accessory manufacturer has confirmed that your accessory supports iOS we advise you to seek professional help by contacting Apple for a solution. You can visit your nearest Apple store, or contact Apple support.
This Is How You Fix Your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth problems
Speaking from experience, it’s always frustrating when a Bluetooth accessory that should just work does not. Luckily you have many methods of troubleshooting to try and fix the problem with your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth.
Now it’s your turn! Did one of these fixes help you with your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth issue? Or was there something completely different you had to do to remedy the problem that should be added to this list? Share your comments below!
Leave a Comment