Is your iPhone 14 Pro stuck or frozen? You are not alone. In this article, I’ll explain why your iPhone 14 Pro is unresponsive and show you how to fix the problem for good!.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
If your iPhone 14 Pro is frozen, it won’t respond to touch, with the display completely stuck or working intermittently. Touches may register in the wrong areas, and physical buttons may not work at all.
The Home Screen or an app could become non-interactive. With a frozen iPhone 14 Pro — different from an iPhone stuck in a boot loop—standard troubleshooting steps will only take you so far.
But worry not; you’ve landed in the right spot to troubleshoote this problem. Keep reading to learn how to fix a frozen or unresponsive iPhone 14 Pro.
How to fix frozen iPhone 14 Pro
What to Do if your iPhone 14 Pro is Frozen? Try Force Quitting Apps!
If a specific app is causing your iPhone 14 Pro to freeze, force quitting the app can resolve the issue in most cases.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Swipe up on the problematic app to close it.
Delete and reinstall the problematic app
If a specific app is causing the freezing, reinstall it. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the app icon until you see a context menu.
- Tap on Remove App.
- Select Delete App.
- Choose Delete to confirm.
Doing this will also get rid of any app settings from the device that might be causing your iPhone 14 Pro to freeze. You can now redownload a fresh copy of the app from the App Store.
Restarting May Unfreeze Your iPhone 14 Pro
If the iPhone 14 Pro display remains frozen and generally unresponsive, the next troubleshooting step is to restart your device. Follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Volume button and the Side button simultaneously until the power off slider appears on the screen.
- Drag the power slider from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait 30 seconds after dragging the slider for the phone to fully shut down before turning it back on.
The problem is that a fully frozen iPhone may not even let you swipe the power off slider. If you cannot restart your iPhone 14 Pro because it’s not responding to your touches, performing a force restart is the best way to bring it back to normal.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Assuming this is a one-off problem, restarting should fix the frozen iPhone 14 Pro. But if it doesn’t, and your iPhone 14 Pro keeps freezing, draining the battery intentionally is next on your list of potential fixes.
iPhone Is Stuck? Wait for the Battery to Drain!
If your iPhone 14 Pro is frozen, allow the battery to drain completely. If your iPhone isn’t completely unresponsive, you can speed up the process by following the steps below:
- Head over to Settings.
- Tap Display & Brightness.
- Select Auto-Lock.
- Set it to Never.
You can also set your iPhone brightness to maximum. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Control Center.
- Drag the brightness slider all the way up and make the battery drain faster.
Once your iPhone’s battery die completely, wait about 30 seconds before plugging it back into power. The device will start up automatically after a few minutes, as soon as the battery has enough charge for booting. But if draining the battery makes no difference, try putting a frozen iPhone 14 Pro into Recovery Mode.
How to Fix a Frozen iPhone 14 Pro With Recovery Mode
Putting your iPhone into Recovery Mode lets you restore it from the iCloud or iTunes backup, which may fix the frozen iPhone 14 Pro without deleting any apps or settings.
- Connect your phone to a computer and open the Finder (macOS) or iTunes (Windows).
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Side button until you see the Recovery Mode screen
- A common mistake here is letting go of the button as soon as you see the Apple logo. Be sure to keep holding the button past the Apple logo, and don’t let go until the device enters Recovery Mode and is recognized in the Finder or iTunes.
- With the Recovery Mode active, a prompt should appear on the computer asking you to restore or update your device. Click Update to have the computer download and install the latest version of iOS. Don’t worry; this won’t erase any data on the phone.
Once the operating system has been reinstalled, your iPhone 14 Pro freezing issue should be resolved.
Contact Apple Support
If your iPhone 14 Pro is still frozen after trying all the above steps, it’s time to contact Apple support. An Apple technician will be able to assist you in case your phone has a hardware problem.
Be sure to make an Apple Store appointment at a Genius Bar, provided you have one nearby where you live.
Fixed iPhone 14 Pro frozen issue
An iPhone 14 Pro that suddenly freezes is so frustrating. Whether iOS is outdated, some apps are incompatible with it, the battery is low, or the device has insufficient storage space, this troubleshooting guide should help fix a frozen iPhone 14 Pro.
Hopefully, you won’t have to factory reset your iPhone and erase all the saved data and settings just to solve the responsiveness and freezing problems.
Leave a Comment