Here’s our easy guide on how to record a call on iPhone 13, including the apps and tools to use.
There are different reasons you’d want to record phone calls on your iPhone 13. You might need to assess your workers’ interactions with customers, remember important information, or gather evidence against suspicious callers.
Recording phone calls on an iPhone 13 might sound like an easy task, but it is not what it looks like. Apple doesn’t provide a native phone call recording feature as it is considered illegal in most parts of the world. However, if you are curious to try it out, we have several working tricks to record iPhone 13 calls.
Why is it so complex to record calls on iPhone 13?
In most parts of the world, recording a phone call without the other party’s consent is illegal. Since Apple covers the entire distribution of iOS apps for their devices, unlike Android, they won’t allow apps that provide illegal functionalities such as recording a call. This is the primary reason behind the absence of a call recording feature natively on iPhones.
It’s always a good idea to give the other participants in a call a heads-up if you’re recording. However If you’re in the U.S., you need to know if you live in a one-party or two-party consent state for legal reasons.
Most states use one-party rules, which means that one person involved in the conversation needs to know about the recording. That can be just you if needs be.
However in California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington, you need consent from all callers to record. Connecticut uses similar rules about electronic recordings, but there are certain exceptions
In the U.K., you don’t need consent to record calls for personal use. However sharing or publishing the recordings requires permission.
Wherever you live though, it’s worth double checking precisely what the laws are where you are before making call recordings.
4 Easy Ways to Record Calls on iPhone 13
So whether you’re just wanting to take notes from a conversation later or need a full transcription, here’s how to record a call on iPhone 13.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Record Phone Calls Using an External Device
This is one of the most easiest and effective methods to record any phone call on your iPhone 13. All you need to do is to put your iPhone on speaker mode during a call and use the voice recording app on another phone to record it. You can either use an Android phone or an iPhone as the secondary device to record an ongoing call on your iPhone.
Merge a Phone Call to Record it Seamlessly
Another effective trick to recording a phone call on your iPhone 13 is to use the merging method. For this method to work, you will require an Android phone and an iPhone. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- First, place a phone call on your Android phone from the iPhone and enable call recording on it.
- Next, tap on the Add Call button on your iPhone and choose the contact whom you wish to talk to.
- Further, merge both calls to combine them as a conference call. Your call recipient will receive the incoming call as a conference call.
- Your entire conversation will get recorded on your Android phone and you can listen to it later for future reference.
Make Use of VoiceMail Service to Record Calls on iPhone 13
If you have an active VoiceMail service on your iPhone 13, you can use it to record your phone calls.
- Open the Dialer app on your iPhone and place a phone call to yourself to start the voicemail service. Wait for a few seconds till the voicemail starts recording after the beep sound.
- Next, tap on the Add Call button and choose the contact of the person with whom you wish to talk to and record the call. Merge both calls to record the call through your voicemail.
- After the call ends, you can listen to the entire call recording through voicemail by accessing the list of stored voicemails on your iPhone.
Use the Google Voice App to Record Phone Calls on iPhone 13
If you are situated in the United States or Canada, you can use the Google Voice app to record phone calls using your iPhone 13. This is a free VoIP service that you can use to record incoming and outgoing calls using the app.
- Configure your Google Voice account or create one if you don’t have an existing account.
- Next, install the Google Voice app on your iPhone and sign in to configure it.
- Tap on the three-bar icon in the top-left corner of the app and press the Settings option.
- Next, expand the Calls option and turn on the toggle for incoming calls option.
- That’s it. You can now record calls by pressing ‘4’ on the keypad during the call. Your recorded audio will get instantly saved to the Google Voice inbox.
iPhone Call Recording FAQs
Q. Is it legal to record phone calls in India?
Legally, you should get prior consent from the other party before recording their calls. In India, telephone tapping has to be approved by a designated authority, otherwise, it is considered an illegal form of action.
Q. Can you record phone calls on your iPhone without an app?
Q. Can you record phone calls using the Voice Memos app on your iPhone?
No. While testing, we noticed that the voice memos app pauses itself during an ongoing call on the iPhone.
Q. Can you record phone calls on your iPhone for free?
Yes, you can record phone calls on your iPhone by using your voicemail service or the merging method listed above.
Q. Will the other caller be notified of your call recording?
No, the above-listed methods will not notify the other party of an active call recording.
Q. Is there any free third-party app on iOS to record phone calls?
Unfortunately, no. We tested lots of free apps to find an effective tool on iOS that can record phone calls easily but most of them are either paid or bogus.
Q. Can you use the Google Voice app in India?
Unfortunately no. Google Voice is not available in India and requires only a US number to use and record calls.
Q. How do you activate the Voicemail service on your iPhone?
The Voicemail service depends primarily on your network carrier. You can contact the customer support of your associated network carrier to enable and activate the same.
Easily record calls on iPhone 13
If all you want is to know is how to record a phone call on iPhone 13, any of the strategies above will do the trick. You can store the audio files for posterity or edit them at your leisure, but don’t forget to check what you can do legally. After all, you don’t want to get into any trouble because you recorded a call without the consent.
Leave a Comment