In this article, I’ll explain exactly how you can fix if cellular data is not working on your iPhone 12. This is a serious issue. Cellular data is how your iPhone access the internet by using the cellular data network offered by your carrier like Sprint or T-Mobile when there is no Wi-Fi. This means, if you are experiencing iPhone 12 cellular data not working issue, you will not be able to send iMessages, use FaceTime, send emails, browse twitter or watch Netflix and much more when your iPhone 12 is not connected to a Wi-Fi connection.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to fix iPhone 12 cellular data not working issue:
Please test your iPhone to see if you’ve fixed your cellular data issue after trying each troubleshooting step.
Before you dive in, you need to make sure cellular data is not working on your iPhone 12. First, please make sure that:
- Make sure iPhone cellular data is enabled. On your iPhone 12, head over to Settings > Cellular (or Mobile Data or Cellular Data) and make sure that the cellular data option is turned on.
- You are in a covered area especially if you see no signal bars.
- You have cellular data enabled for the app if you are experiencing this issue with a specific app.
1. Airplane Mode.
On your iPhone 12, head over to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode. Wait a few seconds. Then turn off Airplane Mode.
2. Restart your device.
Here is how you can restart your iPhone 12:
- Press and hold the power (side ) and volume up (or down) together until the power off Slider appears on the screen. Then drag the slider. Wait a few seconds until your device completely shut down. Then turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
3. Update your carrier settings.
Sometimes your carrier may push updates that are designed to enhance your cellular data performance. Check to see if there is an update and if there is an update, update your carrier settings. Follow these steps to update your carrier settings:
- Ensure that your iPhone 12 is connected to a Wi-Fi network since cellular data is not working.
- On your iPhone , head over to Settings > General > About. You’ll see a popup if there is an update available that says “Carrier Settings Update. New settings are available. Would you like to update them now?” hit Update.
4. Update your device.
Update your device to the latest versions of iOS. Please follow these steps:
- Start the Settings app and go to General, then tap Software Update. This will check for software updates. And if an update is available, download and install
Please note that you can also update your iPhone through your computer.
To do this, you will need a Wi-Fi connection.
5. Reset network settings.
Misconfigured network settings may cause iPhone cellular data connection problems. Resetting this may fix your issue. It’s worth noting that resetting this will Remove your Wi-Fi, VPN, and other network settings. Please follow these steps to reset network settings:
- On your iPhone 12, head over to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- When asked, type in your passcode.
- Now, your device will restart.
6. Contact your carrier.
So you have tried everything but you are still experiencing iPhone 12 cellular not working problem? There might be a service outage or you may have an issue with your cellular provider. Maybe the problem is not at their end. Perhaps you have reached your data limit. It could be your account is suspended. Or perhaps there are outages in your area. Contact your carrier for further help.