This article explains top iPhone 12 mini tips and tricks most people didn’t know even existed.
iPhone 12 mini is chock full of features – some make your life easier and some are just plain fun. We’ve dug through iOS to uncover some of the most hidden iPhone 12 mini tips and tricks you didn’t know about, but probably should. Read on to learn about 5 iPhone 12 mini tips and tricks most people didn’t know about.
Best iPhone 12 mini tips and tricks
here are the best iPhone 12 mini tips and tricks for 2020:
Hold a Call with the Mute Button
The vast majority of people use the mute button when they’re on a call but don’t want others to hear the background noise. But, did you know that you can put a call on hold using the mute button?
During a call, simply press and hold on the mute button. It will immediately change from mute to hold. When you place a call on hold, it will activate hold music for the person you are conversing with.
Swipe to Type
Apple introduced the QuickPath feature in iOS 13. However, iPhone owners rarely use the typing tool – I believe that most people either have never heard about it (or forgot that it existed). Don’t tap letters, swipe across them for ultra-fast typing.
- Bring up a keyboard in Messages, Mail,, notes or another app.
- Now, press down lightly on the keyboard area and swipe your finger across the letters of a word, in order.
- Keep swiping until the word you want is spelled out, then let go off your finger.
- That word will automatically appear on your message or email, along with a space. Continue swiping to “type” the next word.
Hide Photos You Don’t Want Others to See
Not all of the photos on your iPhone are meant for friends and family. You can hide photos from snooping eyes by following these steps:
- Launch the photos app and identify the pic you want to hide.
- Now, press and hold on a photo’s thumbnail until you see the share button.
- Select Share and then tap on “Hide” from the menu.
To find these hidden photos in the future, simply locate the Albums section of the Photos app and find the album labeled Hidden.
Type Queries to Siri
Want to ask Siri a question, but you don’t want to announce your question to the whole world? Apple has you covered. Buried in the accessibility menu is a setting that gives you the ability to type a question to Siri instead of speaking it.
To enable this feature:
- start the Settings app and scroll down to find Accessibility (older versions of iOS place accessibility inside the General section).
- Scroll down and tap on Siri and then turn on the switch next to “Type to Siri” to activate this feature.
Use a One-Handed Keyboard to Enhance Typing Efficiency
Want to type your messages with one hand? Don’t like reaching across the screen to type a letter? Enhanced your typing efficiency by enabling the one-handed keyboard.
- Start the Notes, mail or Messages app to bring up the keyboard.
- Find the emoji symbol (or globe on older versions of iOS) on the left.
- Press and hold on this symbol until you see the keyboard options dialog box.
- Choose either the left-hand keyboard or the right-hand keyboard.
- When you want to switch back to the original keyboard, follow the above steps, but select the full keyboard in the middle.
Your Favorite iPhone 12 mini Tips and Tricks
What are some of your favorite tips and tricks for using the new iPhone 12 mini? Share with us in the comments below.