Are you having trouble deleting apps on your iPhone 15? This article will guide you through why some iPhone 15 apps can’t be deleted and how to fix it.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Deleting apps on iPhone 15 is a simple and straightforward process. You may want to delete apps from your iPhone 15 for various reasons, including:
- You want to free up storage.
- Your iPhone 15 is too crowded with apps, and you want to declutter your device.
- You may have apps you no longer use or need.
- Some apps you may need to delete as they can cause issues. For example, some apps may cause performance issues.
Deleting is the process of uninstalling apps. Deleting an app from your iPhone is a quick and easy process. Still, occasionally, you may encounter apps that refuse to be removed.
If you change your mind and want an app back, you can reinstall built-in apps by re-downloading them from the App Store. So, it is a harmless process. But, you should know that deleting an app may cause you to lose its data and documents.
If you can’t delete apps on your iPhone 15, this is usually due to one of a few simple reasons. In this article, I will cover these reasons and what you can do to address them.
Can’t delete apps on iPhone 15
1. You do not see the option to delete an app
If you only see the Remove from Home Screen option instead of the Delete Appoption, this could be due to one of two reasons:
- The first reason is that parental controls (Screen Time) are active on your iPhone 15, preventing apps from being deleted. To check this, head over toSettings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions (enter your passcode if asked) > iTunes & App Store Purchases. Check the Deleting Apps option. Is this set to Allow or Don’t Allow? If it is set to Don’t Allow, you won’t be able to delete apps on your iPhone 15. Change this to Allow to start uninstalling apps.
The second reason is that you cannot delete some of the built-in apps from your iPhone 15. Apple does not allow it. If an app is not deletable, the Delete option will not appear. Not all default iPhone apps can be deleted.
The apps you can get rid of are:
|FaceTime||Files||Find My Friends||Home||iCloud Drive|
Other pre-installed apps that can be deleted include Clock, Health, and Magnifier.
Apps for the App Store, Camera, Messages, Phone, Photos, Safari, Settings, and Wallet are locked-in and can’t be deleted—though you can hide them.
2. Is your iPhone 15 unresponsive?
There are two ways to delete an app:
- You touch and hold the app, tap Remove App from the pop-up menu and then Delete App.
- The other way is to tap and hold an empty spot on the home screen until the app icons start to wiggle. Next, tap Remove (-) and then Delete App.
If nothing happens when you touch and hold the app, this may be due to your phone being unresponsive. There are two things you can do:
If the Settings app is responsive, follow these steps: On your phone, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, then select an app to delete and tap Delete App.
If the above option is not doable, then try rebooting your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Shut Down. After rebooting, try to delete the app.