If you are making unwanted phone calls or messages on an iPhone to someone, the recipient of these messages may finally decide to block you. But if you genuinely didn’t mean to harass them, you may want to know “can you call someone who blocked you on iPhone?” In this article, I will answer this question.
WHAT TO KNOW
- There are various ways to call someone who blocked your number on iPhone.
- To call someone who blocked your number on iPhone, try hiding your caller ID.
- You can also try calling them using a different number or communication apps.
Can You Call Someone Who Blocked You on iPhone?
If you are blocked, you will not be able to call (regular phone and FaceTime), and your messages won’t be delivered if you are blocked on your iPhone. However, there are still ways to reach them if you really need to call the person who blocked your number. You may want to do this if you think that your number was blocked accidentally or if there is something very important. And, lastly, before proceeding, think carefully if you deserved the blocking. If you deserve it, do not try any of the methods discussed below.
How to call someone who blocked your number on iPhone
Think someone may have accidentally blocked your phone number on iPhone? Here’s how you can contact them.
1. Dial *67 Before the Number You Want to Call
The simplest way to call someone who blocked your number on iPhone is to add *67 to the beginning of the phone number you want to call.
- Open the iPhone app and tap Keypad at the bottom of the screen.
- Now dial *67 (including the asterisk) and enter the number that you wish to dial. Tap the green phone button to connect. Your number or contact details will not be displayed to the person receiving your call.
It’s completely free to use *67, and you can use it as often as you like. Of course, you need to dial *67 before any blocked phone call you want to make.
2. Change the Caller ID Settings on Your iPhone
Next, you can try to hide your Caller ID and then try calling them. When you hide your caller ID, you will show up as No Caller ID, Private, or Unknown Number. Therefore, with no number available to block, your call should be immediately picked up at the other end.
Unfortunately, some cell carriers don’t allow you to block your caller ID from your iPhone. If you can’t find the settings below, move onto the next step to find out how to call someone who blocked your number on iPhone.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone then scroll down and tap Phone.
- Now look within the section called Calls and tap Show My Caller ID.
- Simply toggle off Show my Caller ID. You can repeat these steps and tap the switch to turn it back on again if you decide you don’t want to hide your number any more.
3. Call The Person Using Another Phone Numbers
Another method you can try is calling that person from a different phone number. Borrow someone else’s phone and dial that person’s number.
4. Call them using another communication apps
Finally, you can call them using communication apps like Facebook Messenger, Skype, Instagram, or Whatsapp. Third-party communication apps are not affected by the iOS blocking. However, these apps also offer their own blocking features, and you may be blocked in these too. For this to work, however, the recipient must also be using the app, and you must not be blocked in these apps too.
Now You Know the Truth
With the methods listed above, you can easily call someone who blocked you on iPhone.