Is your iPhone 12 mini Wi-Fi not working? Here’s how to fix it in just a few minutes!
In theory, wireless connections and cellular networks should live happily in harmony on your iOS device. Your iPhone uses automatic switching technology to pop you on known Wi-Fi networks and send you back to cellular when you’re out of range, and it works great… most of the time.
But let’s be honest: Wireless networks — especially those with interstitial signup sheets — can be finicky. If you’re Wi-Fi is not working on your iPhone 12 mini, it may prevent you from getting some important work done or just enjoying your technology as you want. If you’re running into problems with your Wi-Fi network on your iPhone 12 mini, there are some troubleshooting steps you can do in iOS 14 to try and fix the issue. If your iPhone 12 mini keeps dropping Wi-Fi, see this article. If your iPhone 12 mini won’t connect to Wi-Fi network, see this article.
What to do if Wi-Fi is not working on iPhone 12 mini
Before you try the troubleshooting steps discussed below, make sure you are close to your Router. The reason why your Wi-Fi isn’t working on iPhone 12 mini might be because you’re too far away from the router. Grab your iPhone and take it as close to the router as possible and then try to connect online.
Solution #1: Check your settings
If your Wi-Fi is not working on iPhone 12 mini, the first thing to do is to check the most basic settings. First, start by making sure you switched on Wi-Fi on your device. Also check that you don’t have Airplane mode enabled, as that will prevent your device from connecting to the web. These might seem like ULTRA obvious things, but often those are the last things people think to check!
Solution #2: Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again
Yes, this is a pretty straightforward troubleshoot, but you’ll be surprised how often turning Wi-Fi off and then back on again will troubleshoot the issue.
Pull down the Control Center of your phone, look for the Wi-Fi icon, tap on it to switch it Off, wait for five seconds, and turn it On again. Allow your iPhone to scan for the available Wi-Fi networks and check if your problem is fixed.
Solution #3: Toggle the Airplane Mode on and off again
It is a fix that has worked for many users, so try toggling the Airplane. You can access Airplane Mode from the Control Center of your iPhone. Alternatively, go to settings > airplane mode. Switch it Off, wait for five seconds, and Switch it On again.
Solution #4: Are you connected to the correct network?
If you’re somewhere with multiple Wi-Fi networks that your iPhone 12 mini could connect to — like in a coffee shop or at a business — your Device will pick the first one that pops up in the list, which is less than ideal. Head into your Wi-Fi settings and make sure you’re connected to the right network. Also, make sure to double-check the password for your router. If you didn’t change it once the network was set up, you’ll find it on a sticker placed somewhere on your router.
Solution #5: Forget The Wi-Fi Network and reconnect
A helpful trick in solving iPhone 12 mini Wi-Fi problems, especially when you are unable to connect to a network, is to delete all networks so that your phone’s Wi-Fi gets a fresh start. When you forget a Wi-Fi network, your iPhone will no longer automatically connect to it until you, next time, enter its password and connect again. And if you are using iCloud Keychain, your other devices using iCloud Keychain will not join this network again. But before you decide to proceed, make sure you have all the details you need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network. It will include the network name and the password required to connect to the network. Here is how:
- Navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Find the wireless network you want to forget and tap the (i) info icon next to it.
- Tap Forget This Network.
- A pop-up message will appear to confirm your decision. Tap Forget again.
Now, restart your device. And then:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap the name of your Wi-Fi network that you just forgot.
- Type in the Wi-Fi password. And connect again to see if this solved your problem.
Solution #6: Reboot your router and iPhone
Rebooting your phone and router can help you solve some of your iPhone 12 mini Wi-Fi problems. Start off by rebooting your router: To restart your router/modem:
- Unplug the power cord from the router.
- Wait for about one minute,
- Plug it back in.
To restart your iPhone:
- Press and hold the side button and either of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider from left to right. Wait a few seconds for your iPhone to turn off completely. Then press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
Once both your iPhone and the router are back up and running, allow the Wi-Fi to connect and check if it is working as expected.
If it didn’t, it’s time to move on to the next solution.
Solution #7: Reset network settings
Resetting can be a huge pain, but if something has gone wrong with the way your iPhone 12 mini connects to other devices, it might just be necessary. Resetting your network settings to factory defaults will clear out anything potentially interfering with your Wi-Fi connectivity. Thus, it may fix your problem. Please note that this step will also erase your current networking settings such as Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular data settings, VPN and APN settings. Your apps, content or other data will not be deleted. Please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- When prompted, type in your passcode.
- Now, your iPhone will restart.
Solution #8: Disable VPN
At times, a VPN may cause issues with the Wi-Fi connection on your iPhone. If a VPN is enabled on your iPhone 12 mini, follow these steps to turn it off:
- launch the VPN app and turn it off. Alternatively, just launch the Settings app and tap on the VPN toggle.
In addition, if you have installed many unnecessary VPN apps on your iPhone, try uninstalling a few. This will also delete their VPN profiles.
Solution #9: Are you on the latest version of iOS?
Apple’s operating system updates often include security patches and bug fixes that can help fix common iPhone 12 mini problems. Check to see if there’s an update you can install:
- Navigate to Settings > General > Software Update.
- This will check for updates, and if there is an update available, follow the onscreen instructions.
Also, make sure that your router firmware is up to date. Review the manual of the router for more information.
Solution #10: Restore your iPhone
If you’ve tried all of the above steps to no avail, it might be time to consider restoring your iPhone. It’s not my first recommendation, but if your Wi-Fi is totally borked, you might not have another option at this point. It will delete all data from your iPhone — including the software bugs that may be causing the connection problems — and restore everything back to its original settings. But before you go down this road, make sure to back up the data on your iPhone.
iPhone 12 mini Wi-Fi not working still?
Did you try out all the fixes listed in this post but your iPhone 12 mini Wi-Fi is still not working? If so, there’s a chance you’re going to have to make a call. But before you do, try to figure out if the problem is with your device or router. Try connecting as many devices as possible to your Wi-Fi network. If none of them can get online, the problem is with the router or the network. But if only one of them can’t connect, it’s likely there’s something wrong with that specific device. Try the following:
- Call your internet provider to ensure that there are no problems on their end. It can check if there’s any work being done in your area that’s causing interference with the network, or if there is a problem with your router. If the router is to blame, your Internet service provider will send a guy over to replace it
- If your iPhone 12 mini is to blame for the Wi-Fi related issues you’re having, you’re going to have to get it repaired. In this case, contact Apple support, If you’ve tried all the software options available and you still can’t connect to any Wi-Fi network, your iPhone 12 mini may have a hardware issue. Wi-Fi chip or antenna failure is rare, but it can happen — and the only way to fix it is to visit your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Repair Shop.
These are some of the most basic and common solutions for your iPhone 12 mini Wi-Fi problems, although they aren’t the only ones. Did any of them solve your connection issues? Let us know which one in the comments!
Running into any other iPhone 12 mini Wi-Fi issues? Let us know in the comments.