Bluetooth pairing process on iPhone 12 mini is supposed to be done with just a few taps on the screen. For as long as all the requirements and Bluetooth parameters are met, everything should work as intended. Nonetheless, there are some factors that can make the simple Bluetooth pairing process much more complicated. This is when errors occur and your iPhone 12 mini is unable to pair or connect to the Bluetooth device. The problem is either on your iPhone 12 mini or the Bluetooth device you’re trying to pair or connect to. Therefore, all possible culprits must be ruled out on both devices. Highlighted below are a few effective workarounds that are used to troubleshoot Bluetooth pairing error on the iPhone 12 mini.
If you are not able to pair another device with the Bluetooth then you must try and check first if the problem is with your iPhone 12 mini or with the device that you are trying to pair it with. For this, you can try connecting the device with another phone or you can try connecting your iPhone 12 mini to other devices. If your phone works with other devices and fails to connect with one particular device then the problem is in the Bluetooth device and not the iPhone.
This initial check will save you a lot of hassles trying to tweak your phone’s settings when nothing is wrong in your phone at all. But if your iPhone 12 mini Bluetooth feature is not working properly when trying to connect to any device, then you must consider the following solutions.
How to Fix iPhone 12 mini Bluetooth Problems and Issues
If you find out that the problem lies with your iPhone, here are some time tested solutions you could try to fix Bluetooth issues on your iPhone 12 mini:
1. Toggle Bluetooth
Begin by toggling Bluetooth off and then on again. Simple as it sounds, this step can be the solution for iPhone 12 mini Bluetooth issues.
- Swipe down from the top right of your Home screen to open Control Center
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon to switch it Off
- Wait for 30 seconds and tap it to switch On again
This should help you resolve the problem you were facing with your iPhone 12 mini Bluetooth.
2. Restart your iPhone
If the problem is not fixed then try restarting your phone and check if iPhone 12 mini Bluetooth feature is working after the restart. Once the phone restarts, it will take a while to pair with another Bluetooth device.
3. Un-pair old devices
If you have a list of old devices paired to your iPhone 12 mini then unpair all these devices first and then try to use the Bluetooth service.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and head to Bluetooth
- Once you are in the Bluetooth menu, tap on the info (i) button next to the devices listed on the screen and then tap on forget
- Tap to confirm your action and repeat the process to delete all old devices
Make sure that you also delete the device that you are trying to connect to and pair all over again. This step helps to solve a lot of iPhone 12 mini Bluetooth problems. Check if it works for you.
See also: How to Fix iPhone 12 Bluetooth Issues
4. Reset Network Settings
This step will reset all your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings which means that you will have to enter your Wi-Fi passwords all over again. Perform this step only if you have all your Wi-Fi passwords.
- From the Settings menu of your iPhone, tap on General
- Scroll down to find Reset and tap on it
- Tap on Reset Network Settings and enter your passcode if prompted for it
- Tap on Reset Network Settings again to complete the reset
- Pair your device again and check if the Bluetooth works as expected.
5. Update your iOS
Update your iOS to the latest version to make sure that any known issues, bugs or problems are fixed through the update.
- Open settings
- Tap on General
- Look for software Update and tap on it
- If an update is available, install it and check if the iPhone 12 mini bluetooth problem is fixed.
6. Turn off Bluetooth and Hard Reset
If you are still experiencing iPhone 12 mini Bluetooth issues, turn off your Bluetooth and hard reboot your iPhone by following these steps:
- Turn off Bluetooth by going to Settings > Bluetooth and turning off the Bluetooth toggle.
Follow these steps to force reset iPhone 12 mini.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button (Sleep/Wake button) until you see the Apple logo.
- Now turn on Bluetooth again from Control Center or Settings > Bluetooth.
Try connecting to the device now. If the problem still isn’t solved, try the next solution.
7. Visit an Apple Store
Even after performing all these steps, you’re still having Bluetooth problems on your iPhone 12 mini, then you might want to visit your nearest Apple Store to know of any possible hardware related issues.
Have you faced problems connecting your iPhone 12 mini with Bluetooth accessories? Let us know in the comments below.