Want to know how to spot a fake iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max? We’ve compiled a comprehensive guide for how to identify a fake iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max and distinguish them from the original
The more trade and sales migrate to online, the more of a risk of getting fake iPhone 12 pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max. It has become a very profitable business for deceitful iPhone manufacturers. Fake iPhones used to be SUPER obvious, but the market is getting much smarter as time goes by. This guide will show you the difference between a fake iPhone 12 Pro and a genuine one. Here’s a few tips to look for when determining if your iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro max is genuine or fake. Without any further ado, let’s dive into the fake vs real iPhone 12 Pro guide.
See also: How to Spot a Fake iPhone 12
How to spot a fake iPhone 12 pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
Let’s start with the external features. This is where the knock off iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max are VERY similar to the original iPhones
- PACKAGING/BUILD: The packaging is one of the first features that can make the situation a bit fishy. The outside might appear identical to original packaging; however, it’s usually made of a bit cheaper material. Sometimes when opening a fake iPhone 12 Pro box, the phone is in a plastic wrap, rather than its distinct pull off tabs. There may also be product instructions with giant foreign characters. The genuine iPhone 12 pro box also tend to have information such as the model, description of the phone, the country name where it is manufactured, serial number and a bar code that ensures this is a genuine product. A knock off iPhone 12 Pro box doesn’t have such extra details about your iPhone. When you take the phone out, you should also notice a distinct weight difference.
- THE APPLE LOGO: This is one of the most reliable tell in our guide on how to spot fake iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max. Once you get the iPhone unwrapped, just flip it over and look at the logo on the back of the iPhone. Although this can look IDENTICAL to the real one, there are usually slight, small errors that distinguish a fake. Many of the fake iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max may have a slightly recessed logo and/or a mirror finish.
- CHARGING PORT: Next we can look at the bottom of the iPhone, which will give away a few different factors to determine the validity of this device. Generally, the fake iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 pro Max will have a plastic border around it or just simply and engraved line around the port to simulate the same build as the original product.
- PENTA LOBE SCREWS: Next to the charging port you can see some of the common screws used in all the iPhone products. These are called Penta lobe screws, simply meaning they have 5 screw head points. The fake iPhone 12 pro max and iPhone 12 Pro have normal cross screws which can be a dead giveaway if you pay attention to such a small element.
- CAMERA BODY:: Next you can look at the camera build from the back. This is not from within the app itself but just the camera alone. Usually in the fake iPhone 12 pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, recedes a bit, giving the camera less height than that of the original iPhone.
Now let’s turn on the iPhone. Here are where things get seemingly weird.
- WELCOME LOGO: The welcome logo is the first thing that you see when you turn on an iPhone. This is not something you experience usually on fake iPhone 12 Pro Max or iPhone 12 pro. Usually you get a screen with the word “Welcome” rather than the original Apple logo. This is a complete dead giveaway of a fake device.
- IMEI/MODEL NUMBER: When you go into the settings, you can see the IMEI and the Model # of the iPhone’ under its about section. If these numbers don’t match the back of the phone and/or the box it came in, then it’s definitely a knock off iPhone 12 pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- CAMERA APP: Now we’ll get into the camera within the app itself. iPhone 12 pro and iPhone 12 pro max knockoffs NEVER have the top of the line camera in them so you will notice a distinct difference in the quality. Remember how cameras looks back in the mid 2000s? That’s exactly what you will get from a clone iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max. It’s like the quality went back to standard definition. Unless you’re so outdated with smartphones, there is no way you wouldn’t notice the quality difference when using either the selfie camera or the rear facing camera.
- iTUNES AND APPLE STORE: Here is the biggest difference between real and fake iPhone 12 Pro. Most fake iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max devices are running off Android because they can adjust the interface’s skin. Android devices DO NOT have an iTunes or Apple store. If you click these, it will redirect to another app and/or go to a google play store. If these apps do anything besides open the expected apple stores, then it is fake software and a knock off iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- SCREEN BRIGHTNESS: Generally, the first thing you’ll notice is that the screen is not as vibrant as it should be in the fake iPhone 12 pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max. Colors look washed out and overall you think your brightness setting is turned all the way down.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our real vs fake iPhone 12 Pro comparison. Let us know if you’ve spotted any fake iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max and be careful when buying or trading online with these distinct feature differences!
Leave a Comment