Many Apple users have reported wireless charging issues with the iPhone XR on the Apple Support Forum. Some users have reported that their iPhone XR won’t charge when placed on a wireless charging pad or a stand. While some users have said that when they place the iPhones on the wireless charging pad, the battery icon disappears, and the charging stops right after. If you are also facing iPhone XR not charging wirelessly issue, continue reading to know how to fix it.
Fix iPhone XR not charging Wirelessly Issue
Here are some simple solutions that will help you fix the iPhone XR not charging wirelessly issue:
1. Restart your iPhone
This is something which comes in the mind of every user, whenever anything goes wrong with their smartphones. And yes, this simple hack can help you fix those minor issues that accumulate over time, and it can also help you get rid of the wireless charging issues on your iPhone XR. Once you have rebooted your iPhone, try charging it wirelessly to check if the problem is solved.
2. Make sure that you’re using an efficient wireless charger
There are many wireless chargers available in the market right now, but not all of them can charge your iPhones efficiently. Here are some tips and tricks that you should follow while using a wireless charger for your iPhone:
- Make sure that you’re using a Qi-enabled wireless charger.
- Make sure that you’re not using a faulty wireless charger. It can be possible that there’s an issue with the wireless charger and not your iPhone. Try charging another wireless charging compatible device with the same charger. If the charger turns out to be faulty, use a different wireless charger to power-up your iPhone XR.
- Place your iPhone on the “sweet spot” on the wireless charging pad. Many wireless chargers do not work properly if the device is not placed in a proper indentation.
- If your phone vibrates while you get a call or any other notification, it might shift its position. This could cause the wireless charger to stop providing power to your iPhone. To avoid such issues, you can turn off the vibration or use a good wireless-charging compatible case to prevent movement.
3. If you’re using a case, make sure it supports wireless charging
If you’re wirelessly charging your iPhone XR with a case, make sure of the two things:
- The wireless charger is case-friendly. Also, check the maximum thickness of the case the charger supports.
- The case supports wireless charging. Make sure its thickness lies within the acceptable range of the wireless charger.
Both things are required to get a hassle-free wireless charging experience. Also, if your case has got some metal accessories, try removing them as not all the wireless chargers are designed to work with them.
4. Update iOS
Whenever we feel that our iPhone is slowing down or we come across any random issue, we try updating iOS, isn’t it? And yes, updating iOS can fix the iPhone XR not charging wirelessly issue and will help reduce the possibility of other bugs too.
Follow the steps below to check if any update is available for your iPhone.
Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If any update is available, tap download and install.
Make sure you have enough storage space available on your iPhone to download the update. Otherwise, try freeing up the storage by moving your files to your PC or a laptop.
We hope the above tips have helped you fix iPhone XR not charging Wirelessly Issue. Which trick worked for you? Drop us a comment and let us know.
Dale Maree Whittaker says
Thank you for your advice, got my iphone charging on stand again