If your iPhone 13 Pro personal hotspot keeps disconnecting, you have come to the right place. In this article, I’ll explain exactly why your iPhone 13 Pro hotspot keeps disconnecting and exactly how to fix it!
Some of the hotspot problems reported by users include:
- iPhone 13 Pro hotspot keeps disconnecting windows 10
- iPhone 13 Pro hotspot keeps disconnecting from PC
- iPhone 13 Pro hotspot disconnects when locked
- iPhone 13 Pro hotspot disconnects when idle
- iPhone 13 Pro hotspot keeps disconnecting from ps4
If your iPhone 13 Pro hotspot keeps disconnecting, the problem may be with your iPhone, the other device that needs to connect to your iPhone’s Personal Hotspot, or your wireless cellular carrier.
Fix Personal hotspot keeps disconnecting on iPhone 13 Pro
Before moving forward, there are a few things that you should take into consideration.
- Using a hotspot (or called tethering) is a carrier service. Most major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, etc) offer this service but it may depend on your service plan and data allowance. Check the data usage on your iPhone to see if you’ve exceeded your plan. If that’s the case, the phone may shut down internet sharing via hotspot. This information should be visible on your provider’s mobile app too. You should also contact your carrier to ensure that it does not impose any restrictions for using a hotspot. For example, some carriers do not support game systems or smart TVs.
- The inbuilt hotspot of your iPhone 13 Pro Max is not as capable as a router. So, if you are using applying the rule of a router to an iPhone 13 Pro Max and not keeping it near the other device, you will face network fluctuations. Therefore, try to keep your phone as close to the other device as possible.
- The next thing you have to make sure of is that your setup is not near any item which emits Electromagnetic or Radio-frequency(RF) interference, such as a Microwave.
- Check to see if the problem is with the hotspot, your iPhone that provides Personal Hotspot, or the other device(s) that connected to it:
- Try connecting a different computer or mobile device to the hotspot. If this device can connect, then the problem is not with the hotspot.
- Try connecting it to other Wi-Fi connections, if it cannot connect, then the problem is not the hotspot.
- Try visiting another website (e.g., Apple.com or iPhoneGeeks.com). if they can load, then the problem is not the hotspot.
- Please ensure that your iPhone 13 Pro Max is running the latest version of the iOS software. You can update (or check for updates) by heading to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Please ensure that the other device has the latest version of its software/firmware installed. Contact its manufacturer for further help.
- Make sure that Personal Hotspot is enabled on your iPhone 13 Pro Max (Settings > Personal Hotspot). Furthermore, ensure that Allow Others to Join is turned on. And lastly, ensure that Maximize Compatibility is enabled (Settings > Personal Hotspot).
- Restart your iPhone 13 Pro Max and the other device(s) that keeps disconnecting to your Personal Hotspot.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and wait 30 seconds and turn on Wi-Fi on the other device that is trying to connect to your iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Update your carrier settings
Update your carrier settings on your iPhone. This update may fix your hotspot problem. Here is how:
On your iPhone, tap Settings, then General, and then About.
- if a new update is available, you’ll see an option (a popup will appear). Then follow the onscreen instructions.
Reset network settings
Reset network settings on your iPhone. Please note that this will erase Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN, proxy and APN settings that you have used before. If your settings are misconfigured, that may cause this problem. Resetting may fix it. You can do that by going to Settings > General > Transfer or reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You will be asked to enter your passcode. And then your iPhone will restart.
iPhone 13 Pro hotspot keeps disconnecting: last solution
If the iPhone 13 Pro hotspot still keeps disconnecting, you may want to:
- Contact Apple support.
- Contact your carrier.
- Contact the manufacturer of the other device.
iPhone 13 Pro Hotspot keeps disconnecting: Fixed!
Frequent hotspot disconnection poses a big problem to your work. Whether working from home or outdoors you don’t want constant interruptions to lose your job. As we’ve seen in this article, there are various reasons your iPhone 13 Pro Hotspot keeps disconnecting. If you ever run into this problem, the methods above should help you identify and fix the iPhone 13 Pro Hotspot that keeps disconnecting. Which of the troubleshooting methods we discussed here worked for you? If not, did you get in touch with Apple Support? Do share your personal experience in the comments section down below.
Leave a Comment