If you’re an iPhone 14 Pro user, you may have experienced the frustration of a black screen. When your iPhone 14 Pro screen goes black, it can be a major inconvenience, especially if you need to use your device to perform a task. Fortunately, there are several ways to fix an iPhone 14 Pro screen that has gone black. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the most common solutions to this problem.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
What is black screen on iPhone 14 Pro?
The black screen issue on an iPhone 14 Pro refers to a problem where the iPhone screen goes completely black and becomes unresponsive. When this happens, the iPhone becomes unusable, and the user cannot access any of the device’s functions or applications. Some of the symptoms of the black screen issue on an iPhone 14 Pro include:
- The iPhone 14 Pro screen is black and unresponsive.
- The iPhone 14 Pro is still powered on, but the screen does not display anything.
- The iPhone 14 Pro vibrates or makes a sound when you receive a notification, but the screen remains black.
Why is iPhone 14 Pro Screen Black?
The iPhone 14 Pro black screen issue can occur due to a number of reasons, including:
- Software issues: The most common cause of iPhone 14 Pro black screen issue is software problems such as a corrupted operating system, a software update that went wrong, or an app that is not functioning properly.
- Hardware issues: Another common cause of the iPhone 14 Pro black screen issue is hardware issues such as a damaged screen, a dead battery, or a faulty charging port.
- Water damage: If your iPhone 14 Pro has been exposed to water or other liquids, it can cause damage to the internal components, which can lead to the black screen issue.
- Overheating: When your iPhone 14 Pro overheats, it can cause the device to shut down or display a black screen.
- Jailbreaking: If you have jailbroken your iPhone 14 Pro, it can cause the black screen issue as it can modify the software in ways that can make it unstable or incompatible with certain apps.
- Physical damage: If your iPhone 14 Pro has been dropped or subjected to some kind of physical trauma, it can cause damage to the internal components, which can lead to the black screen issue.
The black screen issue can be frustrating for iPhone 14 Pro users as it can prevent them from using their device. Fortunately, there are ways to troubleshoot or figure out what’s going on, and in this piece, we’ll try our best to share some useful details with you on how to fix your iPhone 14 Pro black screen issue. So without further ado, let’s look at the troubleshooting steps.
How To Fix Apple iPhone 13 Pro Stuck on Black Screen of Death
1. Charge your iPhone
The first troubleshooting step you should take when your iPhone 14 Pro screen goes black is to charge your device. It’s possible that your iPhone battery has drained completely, causing the screen to go black. To fix this issue, plug your iPhone into a power source and wait a few minutes. If the battery was the problem, your iPhone should start to charge and the screen should turn on.
2. Force restart your iPhone
If charging your iPhone 14 Pro doesn’t fix the black screen issue, the next step is to force restart your device. This can help fix any software issues that may be causing your iPhone 14 Pro screen to go black.
To force restart your iPhone 14 Pro, follow the steps below:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the Side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the button and let your iPhone restart.
3. Restore your iPhone 14 Pro
If none of the above solutions fixed your iPhone 14 Pro black screen of death issue, the last resort is to restore your device. This will erase all of the data on your device, so make sure you back up your iPhone before restoring it.
- Connect your iPhone 14 Pro to your Mac or Windows PC using a USB cable.
- Open Finder/iTunes > select your device and then back it up.
- To restore your iPhone, click Restore. Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your iPhone to its original settings.
4. Contact Apple Support
If non of the above solutions fixed your iPhone 14 Pro black screen issue, it may be time to contact Apple Support. Apple offers a limited warranty that covers hardware defects and malfunctions, so if your iPhone 14 Pro screen has gone black due to a hardware issue, Apple Support may be able to provide you with a free repair or replacement.
Fixed iPhone 14 Pro Black Screen Issue
A black iPhone 14 Pro screen can be a frustrating problem, but there are several solutions you can try to fix it. From charging your device to restoring your iPhone, these solutions should help you get your iPhone 14 Pro screen back to normal. If none of these solutions work, it may be time to take your iPhone to an authorized Apple service provider for further assistance.