One of the most frequently asked questions is, “My iPhone works, even rings, but it has a black screen. What to do?”. It often happens when you drop the device. In the most straightforward cases, you need to reboot the smartphone. But sometimes, this happens even with care for the device, and legal advice does not always help. The root of the problem may be a beta update or a conflict between a third-party app. So it would help if you had expert consultation, but remember that there is no one hundred percent solution. There are possible variants.
The reasons for an iPhone’s black screen can be very different. First, there is often a problem fixing the black screen on the iPhone with the battery no longer functioning as before — issues inside the phone itself. You probably have some virus on your phone that can be picked up on unverified platforms. There can be many reasons, and here we’ll discuss them in detail.
But before you read further, remember two essential things: all these issues are solvable, and if necessary, you can always turn to the gadget repair experts at Howly, who are available 24/7. What is Howly, you might ask? In short, it’s the best consulting service with qualified and experienced experts on smartphones & gadgets issues and many other things. But now we come back to the iPhone black screen problem.
How to Restore
- Fix the black screen of the iPhone via hard reset.
It is better to start with the most straightforward option. The difference between all smartphones is that they have a standard procedure, which includes combinations of buttons depending on the model:
- The fifth and sixth iPhone models and their versions require a long simultaneous press of the two buttons: Power and Home, for about 1 minute until the logo appears. - On iPhone 7 phones, troubleshooting the black screen and seven Plus is done using the same actions but with the Power and Volume Down buttons. - On Eleven/XS/X versions, press the Volume Up or Volume Down button and the side button until the turn-off slider appears.
- How to fix the black screen of the iPhone using iTunes.
When rebooting does not help, the option remains to reset the smartphone to factory settings. In this case, you can choose any version, preferably the latest, personal data is restored from the backup, but all subsequent content may be lost. Traditionally, this is done using the program and rebooting the device itself.
- Launch the application on your computer. Next, connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable.
- If the device is displayed on your computer, you can make a current backup to save the latest additions: Settings > Browse > Create a copy now. When finished, verify that the reserve is correct by the date and time of the last copy.
- If the device is not displayed, reboot the fixed black screen on the iPhone, depending on its model. Then continue to hold down before the regeneration mode is activated.
This method consists of deleting personal data and installing a new operating system. Once the program starts, do not disturb it to boot, it will take less than twenty minutes. If it runs in error mode, however, it may cause the device to malfunction.
- Fix the iPhone’s black screen with the program. The best program that allows you to solve the most common problems, such as hanging on iTunes and getting your iOS device back to work. These operations are performed in a single click, preserving your data without asking for a password.
- You must download and install the program’s latest version on your computer. Then, run the program and connect your fixed black screen on your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- When the machine is detected, press the start button.
- Press deep repair in this mode. Note that it is impossible to save data in this function, which is only used in difficult situations.
- Click deep repair. If your phone is not automatically recognized, the program may ask you to restart your gadget according to the instructions depending on the type of device.
- After the device is recognized, you will be prompted to select the firmware version (by default, the latest version available on the official phone website) and where to save the package temporarily. Next, you can specify the version already known on this computer. After selecting, click download.
- It will take a while to download, then use fix now.
- Press “Done” and exit the application.
And then, we’ll look in detail at the problem with your device and where to find ways to solve it. Be patient since this case doesn’t tolerate haste.
Problems with the Battery
If the phone is turned off or the battery is low the black screen may appear on iPhone. The only solution to this problem is to turn the phone on or, if the battery is dead, connect it to a charger so that it will charge and then turn on. It is relatively simple, but it still needs to be mentioned, primarily because it sometimes shuts itself off with a faulty battery.
If you’re sure the battery is dead, but the device has turned off, and the black screen on iPhone is still dark — a defective battery is a cause. There is excessive consumption on the board, one of the chips consumes more power than it should, which indicates that it is faulty and needs to be replaced. So the battery needs to be changed, or the excessive power consumption on the board needs to be eliminated.
Difficulties with the Software
If your device’s display stops responding after updating to a new version, there is no reason to panic. At least, there is no need to freak out right away. Unfortunately, many people encounter this problem immediately after installing the update on the fixed black screen on the iPhone. The situation is quite unpleasant because there is no access to all the applications, preventing you from turning off the phone.
Fortunately, it can be fixed very quickly with a simple solution. First, if the black screen iPhone stops responding to touch, you must simultaneously hold down the power and back buttons. Next, wait for the phone to reboot, and then try to use your black-screen iPhone as you usually would. If that doesn’t work the first time, try again until it does. It may even take three resets for the black-screen iPhone to start working again.
In rare cases, the black screen iPhone may turn utterly black, but with a red line running down the screen or across the screen. Sometimes the line is a different color, but it is usually red. If the black-screen iPhone displays a thin, bright vertical or horizontal line, that’s a good indicator that there may be a hardware problem. It’s even more likely if the phone has been damaged or dropped. If you see an iPhone black screen with a line on it and the screen doesn’t fix itself when you reboot, you’ll probably want to take the phone to an authorized repair center to have them take a look at it.
Difficulties with App
The device reboots if the black-screen iPhone displays a white brand logo before returning to normal. If this happens unexpectedly, it usually means that the device fails or an application fails, causing it to reboot. Much less often it’s also possible that your device gets stuck in a boot cycle with the logo on the black-screen iPhone, in which case the phone must be restored from a backup copy. The problem is caused by drops and damage to the phone’s internal components. The failure is either in the display or in the image controller chip on the motherboard.
Apart from the malfunction mentioned above, the device can shut down because something has burned out, stopped working, or internal breakdown. You will not be able to solve such a failure by yourself; in this case, you need an appropriate technician. Take care of your phone from falling, as the consequences are horrible.
The Phone Hangs on the Logo
Causes of this situation can be a failure while updating, a breakdown of the battery, or chips due to a gadget’s fall. In the worst cases, the flash memory or processor fails. Then, it happens that reflashing help and the phone starts up, but without data. In other cases, you need to check the battery and other device components.
So, if you have not been able to solve the problem with the black iPhone screen on your own, or if the problem has caught you unawares and you don’t know what to do, it’s worth contacting customer support. You can get advice and more details on what you need to do there. But first, it’s worth going to the brand’s official website and getting their contacts so that you always have them at your fingertips in case of need.
To summarize, we can say that the iPhone’s black screen is not always a big break, which can not be solved. Options for solving this problem are many. It all depends on whether you have an iPhone black screen. Only by knowing the cause can you understand how to fix it. If the breakage is internal, you can not get rid of it quickly.