If your iPhone 14 Pro is not accepting Apple ID password, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, I’ll explain why your iPhone 14 Pro is not accepting Apple ID password and show you how to fix the problem.
Apple’s iOS is a reliable and stable operating system, but it’s not completely error-free. Sometimes, unexpected glitches do occur. For example, your iPhone 14 Pro may fail to recognize your Apple ID password. The most annoying part is that you can use your Apple ID and password to log in on your other Apple devices, but not your iPhone 14 Pro. Let’s explore what you can do to fix this problem.
Why is iPhone 14 Pro not accepting Apple ID password?
There are many possible reasons leading to iPhone 14 Pro Apple ID password not working:
- It could be an iOS software glitch. For example, the iOS might sometimes get corrupted and that could prevent the device from accessing Apple ID password information. In other words, your device can’t access the security file that contains information about your Apple ID password. As a result, it can’t compare the Apple ID password you’re entering to the passcode you set up.
- Your Apple ID password may be rejected if it is incorrect.
- It could be that Apple’s servers are down. This doesn’t happen often, and when it does it is usually only for a few minutes.
- It could also happen that your password does not reach Apple’s servers due to connectivity issues between your iPhone and Apple. That could be anything from your iPhone not connecting to your local network to problems with your ISP or anything else between your iPhone and Apple’s servers.
If you find App Store not recognizing Apple ID password, we have the fix.
Fixes for iPhone 14 Pro not accepting Apple ID password
Before you start troubleshooting, make sure you are entering the correct Apple ID password. If you enter an incorrect Apple ID password, your iPhone will alert you about that. Maybe you hit the wrong keys. Slow down a bit and try again.
Since this issue often occurs after you update your iOS version, maybe the OS failed to install properly. That could trigger various glitches, including the Apple Id password issue we’re covering in this guide. So, if you know for a fact that your Apple ID password is right, pursue the troubleshooting solutions below.
1. Turn your iPhone off and on again
No troubleshooting guide would be complete without the stalwart advice “turn it off and on again”. It is often the fix all solution so it’s the best place to start.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select Shut Down.
- When you see the power-off slider. Just drag that from left to right and wait for your iPhone to shut down.
- To turn your iPhone back on, press the side button again.
Once your iPhone has started up again, try entering your Apple ID password and see if the problem is fixed.
What if that doesn’t fix it? Move to the next solution.
2. Perform a forced restart.
If you’re scratching your head wondering, “why isn’t Apple ID password working on iPhone 14 Pro?” Force restart the device. Maybe this quick workaround will remove the software blockage.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
3. Update iOS
Apple ID password not working on iPhone 14 Pro may be due to a minor iOS bug, but those kinds of issues are often quickly addressed by Apple, so the next thing to check is that you are running the latest version of iOS.
- Open Settings.
- Go to General.
- Select Software Update.
- Your iPhone will check for updates and if one is available you will see it here. Tap Download and Install. You will need to be connected to WiFi.
4. Check iCloud is working
Before trying other troubleshooting steps below, we suggest that you check that iCloud is working correctly at Apple’s end. It’s possible that the iCloud server has gone down, for example. Go to https://www.apple.com/uk/support/systemstatus/ on your Mac or iPhone and check that all the services are lit up green.
If there is a problem with iCloud at Apple’s end, then it’s best to give Apple a couple of hours to fix it.
5. Reset all settings
- Open Settings
- Select General
- Select transfer or Reset iPhone
- Choose Reset.
- Tap reset all settings.
When you complete the process, your iPhone will reboot. Despite the scary two step warning, this doesn’t affect your data. All of your email accounts will remain in tact, as well as any SMS text or iMessages.
What this effectively does is to reset some of your Settings to factory default. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy.
6. Update Your Apple ID Email Address
This password issue often occurs if you initially signed up to iCloud with a different email address than the one you’re currently using. After you upgrade your OS, your Mac may prompt you to set up iCloud again. But when you enter your Apple ID password, your iPhone 14 Pro says it doesn’t recognize it. That’s a really strange issue but you can fix it. By the way, if you’re not using a iCloud different email address, go to the next solution.
To solve this problem, change your Apple ID email settings.
- Head over to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- Navigate to the Account section, and click on Edit.
- Select Change Apple ID, and update your email address.change-AppleID-email-address
- If you’re using a third-party email address, go to your inbox and copy the verification code.
- Enter the code and check if the iPhone 14 Pro Apple ID password issue persists.
7. Reset your password
If you find Apple ID password not working on iPhone 14 Pro, and you’ve checked Apple System Status, then the next thing is to change your Apple ID password. It’s a hassle, but often it fixes the problem. Changing your password is easiest on your Mac (or Windows PC).
- Start the Safari web browser and navigate to appleid.apple.com.
- Click ’Reset your password’.
- Type in your Apple ID and hit Next.
- Choose Email authentication or Answer Security Questions and click Next.
- Click Reset Password in the email, or enter the security questions.
- Enter a new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click Reset Password.
- Now try entering the new password on your iPhone when it asks. This should be accepted by your iPhone 14 Pro and fix the problem.
iPhone 14 Pro not accepting Apple ID password? Fixed
Your iPhone 14 Pro might sometimes fail to recognize your Apple ID password even though you’re hitting the correct keys. This problem often occurs after users install the latest iOS updates on their devices. Unfortunately, the cause remains unknown. If your iPhone 14 Pro locks you out and won’t recognize your password, reset your iCloud password and check if this quick solution solves the problem. Additionally, if you no longer use your initial iCloud email account, update your email address. Did these troubleshooting suggestions help you fix the iPhone 14 Pro Apple ID password issue? Let us know in the comments below.