If you’re buying an older iPad model, you may need to remove the activation lock, so let’s see how to do it.
Well, if you end up buying one of these iPads and find out that it’s stuck in iCloud Activation Lock, you need to figure out a way to use the tablet. Luckily, there are easy way to remove the activation lock without the previous owner’s help.
How to Remove iCloud Activation Lock Without the Previous Owner
Removing the iCloud Activation Lock so you can start using your new (for you) iPad isn’t the easiest thing to do, but it’s thankfully possible.
Using DNS Bypass
This method can help you get control of your new iPad in just a few minutes. Simply follow the steps below:
- Power up your iPad and choose the language and country from the menu.
- Tap on the Proceed button and enter the Wi-Fi settings page. You’ll find an i in a circle near the Wi-Fi tab, so click on that one.
- Enter a DNS server IP address to bypass the iCloud activation lock. You’ll have to choose one based on your location: USA: 184.108.40.206 Europe: 220.127.116.11 Asia: 18.104.22.168 Australia and Oceania: 22.214.171.124 South America: 126.96.36.199 Other areas: 188.8.131.52
- Go back to the previous screen, turn on the Wi-Fi, and choose your network. Enter your passcode.
- Do not click on the Next page option. Instead, press Back to return to the iCloud Bypass screen.
- Scroll all the way down to the Menu and set up your apps and everything else you need on your iPad.
The whole process feels like it takes a blink of an eye, which is a lot easier than any other DIY solution you may use. Plus, it’s a lot faster than contacting Apple support, reaching out to the seller again, and so on.
Easy Way to Unlock Your New iPad
Unlocking your new iPad can be a job that takes a few minutes if you follow the above steps properly.